Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For all those flying to Mark Dodge and driving home with 2022 orders

JimKIII

Reaction score
I just noticed this morning when I cancelled my last order and re-ordered with another dealer, I apparently missed a couple options that I wanted. Seeing all of the MD posts has me thinking about re-ordering with MD, but worried about what the diesel truck market may do between now and when that truck would arrive due to the rising gas prices. If I didn't have a deadline, i would just cancel my current order (hitting the dealer any day now) and re-order now, but I have to have the truck mid-April so a re-order wouldn't make it in time.
I think you're right that shooting for a mid-April delivery on a re-order is not going to work. Can you add the options you missed later at a reasonable costs?

snlsmith

Reaction score
I think you're right that shooting for a mid-April delivery on a re-order is not going to work. Can you add the options you missed later at a reasonable costs?
Don't think so. It is things like Towing Technology Group B (Surround View Camera System, Trailer Reverse Guidance), Digital Rearview Mirror, Tow-Mode Digital RR View Mirror Pkg & Body Color Bumper Group

AJ608

Reaction score
Truck is suppose to get to Port Allen today, how does it get there? I just assumed rail, but going to a port ?

JimKIII

Reaction score
Truck is suppose to get to Port Allen today, how does it get there? I just assumed rail, but going to a port ?
Port Allen, LA, is on the west side of the Mississippi River just across from Baton Rouge. I understand the trucks come up from Mexico by rail through SE Texas to Port Allen. Then they get unloaded and driven west to MD in Lake Charles. The Mississippi at Baton Rouge is still extremely wide and deep enough for huge river barges coming up from the gulf.

AJ608

Reaction score
Port Allen, LA, is on the west side of the Mississippi River just across from Baton Rouge. I understand the trucks come up from Mexico by rail through SE Texas to Port Allen. Then they get unloaded and driven west to MD in Lake Charles. The Mississippi at Baton Rouge is still extremely wide and deep enough for huge river barges coming up from the gulf.

I'd thought I had read that it was rail but when it said Port, I thought maybe they went up the gulf. I've only known of a couple vehicles I've ordered that had come by ship.

Ctfontaine

Reaction score
Mine is supposed to be on the train with yours. Let me know if you hear any updates.

Sauksxs

Reaction score
Sandi told me that they are short on drivers and sometimes it can take up to two weeks to get them to the dealer.
I,m anticipating that going to wait till Monday to bug Sandi thank you for the heads up

Users who are viewing this thread