Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time RAM/HD Truck Owner

BurnMac42

Reaction score
Wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I've been scouring every thread possible on this site and already it's provided a great deal of info. This morning I will probably be purchasing my first heavy duty truck (2020 3500 Big Horn Megacab w/ 6.7). I'm coming from a 2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax. Owned it for 10 years and I've sold all my other toys (for now) hence wanting to upgrade my daily. I'll definitely be asking plenty of questions and educating myself on how I can make this truck last as long as the Tundra. Admittedly the emissions equipment/fuel pump issue has me a bit nervous but this forum has already eased that a bit by providing the info on where/how to get a great deal on the MOPAR warranties.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
You’ll be very happy with the truck if you do buy it. Good luck, post some pics if you do buy it.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
You are more than likely to get a good one than not. True of any new vehicle out there (maybe not the new Land Rover Discovery).

Keep it stock and the issues will be FCA's problem for the first 5 years / 100k miles.

Send it.

BurnMac42

Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to post this yesterday but here is right before I brought her home......now I'll be researching as much as I can about fuel additives, DEF, oil change intervals (IE Audi recommends 10k intervals for my car but everyone does 5k), how often to drain fuel filters, etc.....I want to make sure I treat this truck right so it lasts as long as my Tundra.....

123_1.jpeg

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Congrats on the sweet new ride and welcome to the forum.

Xflight29

Reaction score
Welcome, that is sure a good looking truck. Congrats.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Bad ass truck dude. Lots of good info on this forum. Best resource for the 19+ HD. Check out the OEM tailgate strut thead in mods for the first easy upgrade.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Congrats on a great truck. Love those MegaCabs! However, I do recommend replacing those Firestone Transjunks. I went with a set of Continental Terrainecontact A/T's and really love them. Also I have heard a lot of good things about Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's. Cant go wrong either way. There is nothing like tooling down the road in your new truck, enjoy!

BurnMac42

Reaction score
Congrats on a great truck. Love those MegaCabs! However, I do recommend replacing those Firestone Transjunks. I went with a set of Continental Terrainecontact A/T's and really love them. Also I have heard a lot of good things about Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT's. Cant go wrong either way. There is nothing like tooling down the road in your new truck, enjoy!
Haha that's the plan soon but I need to let the wife's sticker shock wear off because I'll be replacing both the wheels and the tires....trying to figure out the best looking combo without needing a leveling kit.

Great truck, Congrats...Now let's talk about the Bungles!! LOL
Ugh....it's a love hate....thankfully my Dad has been a Brown's fan all his life and my brother has been a Green Bay fan his entire life so those are my two bandwagon teams this year in the playoffs lol

Users who are viewing this thread