Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falken WildPeak AT3 285/65/20

mountainears

Reaction score
Just posting for others to reference what it looks like, I had trouble finding pics of these on stock truck, no leveling or lift. Tires are slightly taller, same width. Have used these tires on several trucks and have been happy.

1ec06fa2d920f203ceefe5f9586da1c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear box

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these pictures. Are they pretty tolerable with tire howl? Windows up noticeable?

Xflight29

Reaction score
Have these on our 4Runner, like them enough to install on my Ram when it's time for new tires.

mountainears

Reaction score
If there is any road noise it is very minimal. Have had these tires on several trucks, love them.

AK_Rams

Reaction score
I appreciate you both posting these pictures for us. I am looking at these same tires in the same size. Have you noticed a big difference in mpg with the bigger tire?

Razzman

Reaction score
I really didn't notice much of a difference. Just had to change the tire size in the BCM, you won't find that size listed; at least it wasn't there a year ago. I had to do it via tire circumference and even then I'm off a bit and need to redo it.

mountainears

Reaction score
I really didn't notice much of a difference. Just had to change the tire size in the BCM, you won't find that size listed; at least it wasn't there a year ago. I had to do it via tire circumference and even then I'm off a bit and need to redo it.

That takes AlphaODB right? I haven’t done that yet, thinking it’s not too far off for now :)

Razzman

Reaction score
That takes AlphaODB right? I haven’t done that yet, thinking it’s not too far off for now :)

Yeah it does. Based on GPS -vs- Speedo I was 3 mph off after installing the tires.

mountainears

Reaction score
Yeah it does. Based on GPS -vs- Speedo I was 3 mph off after installing the tires.

Thanks. I’ll get it done at some point. I have the cables but I have to pull the dash cluster out so I figured I would take notes of all the things I want to change and do them all at once.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll get it done at some point. I have the cables but I have to pull the dash cluster out so I figured I would take notes of all the things I want to change and do them all at once.

?

If you got the right cable that plugs into the CAN bus blocks, you just pull the headlight switch panel to access (see linked thread).

If you have to pull the cluster, you bought a 1500 SGW cable or brick.

mountainears

Reaction score
I’ll read through. What I have is the ECRI plug that according to the video I saw you plug in for a little bit then remove.

I have a 2022 as well which I thought was different than the other years.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll read through. What I have is the ECRI plug that according to the video I saw you plug in for a little bit then remove.

I have a 2022 as well which I thought was different than the other years.

2022 HD is no different WRT SGW.

Yea, that's gonna require you pull the gauge cluster.

Ugh.

If you just bought it, send it back and get a proper bypass cable (Jimmy can also make you one) and AlfaOBD and a decent OBDII reader.

ECRI Vehicle Calibration Device with Security Bypass Module - Fits Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT - Requires in-APP Purchase PER Vehicle

Seems like a lot for a one trick pony.

1657264157372.png

Users who are viewing this thread