Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extra connectors behind knee panel

Jas

Reaction score
I was installing the Obd bypass and saw these two just hanging around. Anyone know what these are for?

I have a 2022 3500 Limited with, what I thought was, everything. But seeing these 2 I’m thinking I may be missing something.

6D3C12DF-5A7C-4353-A810-AFCB0844C3C5.jpeg

Woodywoodpecker

I'M NOT YELLING
Reaction score
aux switch connectors if i remember correctly. been awhile since i was under dash and was wiring my switchs

tyler2you

Reaction score
I've got the open gray connector attached to the knee panel as well and I have the Aux switches. Not sure what it's for. I didn't see the blue one when I was in there looking for the upfitter connections.
aux switch connectors if i remember correctly. been awhile since i was under dash and was wiring my switchs

Jas

Reaction score
I've got the open gray connector attached to the knee panel as well and I have the Aux switches. Not sure what it's for. I didn't see the blue one when I was in there looking for the upfitter connections.
Yes it’s got me wondering. I have the factory aux and wires in the engine bay.

Woodywoodpecker

I'M NOT YELLING
Reaction score
just went and looked gray is for aux switchs pass through harness. Didn't see the blue connector. on the older trucks the blue was for aftermarket trailer brake controler. have 2022 3500

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I was installing the Obd bypass and saw these two just hanging around. Anyone know what these are for?

I have a 2022 3500 Limited with, what I thought was, everything. But seeing these 2 I’m thinking I may be missing something.

View attachment 43806
Those are the two connectors for the VSIM. They have nothing to do with the AUX switches.

Woodywoodpecker

I'M NOT YELLING
Reaction score
my aux switch harness is plugged into the gray connector for the pass through for the aux switchs.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
my aux switch harness is plugged into the gray connector for the pass through for the aux switchs.
Nope, not THAT particular gray connector. The one in question is a female socket connector. The aux pass through connectors under the dash are male spade connectors.
97BB76AC-86B8-4B06-9C18-505B4B4F1364.jpeg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have noticed the gray connector on my ‘22, now I’ll have to go look for the blue one.

Users who are viewing this thread