Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust for 2020 2500 Limited 6.4L Hemi

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Hello all!

I googled the Borla installation instructions but couldn’t find an answer. Can someone that has installed this exhaust tell me how or does it account for different cab / bed / wheelbase lengths. Thanks!
I can't speak specifically to the Borla, but I put a Magnaflow on my 4th gen with the short bed and an MBRP on my 4.5 gen with the long bed and the removal/install was exactly the same on both. Pics of the Borla system look like it would be identical.

Poor man's PW

Reaction score
Hello all!

I googled the Borla installation instructions but couldn’t find an answer. Can someone that has installed this exhaust tell me how or does it account for different cab / bed / wheelbase lengths. Thanks!
Yes it does count for longer wheelbase. Comes with extra piece in the kit.

Poor man's PW

Reaction score
Well, i went and joined the bandwagon. The Borla fits and sounds good on my 2019. It's not that loud at all, at least inside the cabin and I don't hear it once at speed and barely on the gas. I just hope i don't regret it after pulling my travel trailer around for a few hours.

No drone. Has a nice growl when you step in it. Put it in tow haul mode and climb a long grade.

Lilbxl

Reaction score
I put a solo performance MR400 on last week. I like it. If you get in it, it's pretty lively. Just normal driving it rumbles. At highway speeds (55-60) it has a very slight drone to it. Above 60 it is quiet.

sshafer

Reaction score
I installed the Magnaflow direct fit on mine a week ago, kept the resonator. I love the sound not too loud and not much drone but actually sounds like a truck now. My only issue was getting the clamp tightened up enough on the tailpipe side. I broke off two bolts trying to get it tight enough and ended up spot welding it on.

Firebird

Reaction score
I installed the Magnaflow direct fit on mine a week ago, kept the resonator. I love the sound not too loud and not much drone but actually sounds like a truck now. My only issue was getting the clamp tightened up enough on the tailpipe side. I broke off two bolts trying to get it tight enough and ended up spot welding it on.
You will enjoy the Magnaflow, I love mine! It is the perfect sound level

OC455

Reaction score
I put a Solo MR400 muffler on mine and a 5 inch Gibson clamp on SS exhaust tip. It sounds good. Don't know if there is any performance claims or gains.

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
Update on the Borla on my 2020 2500 Limited 6.4L Hemi. Wife & I bought a RV this week, roughly 8K lbs dry , I had no issues pulling it & the drone wasn’t any different/louder than normal daily driving, just my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris1911

Reaction score
Update on the Borla on my 2020 2500 Limited 6.4L Hemi. Wife & I bought a RV this week, roughly 8K lbs dry , I had no issues pulling it & the drone wasn’t any different/louder than normal daily driving, just my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it no louder than stock when not accelerating. I get no drone at all, at any speed.

NightTrain

Reaction score
It fits perfectly. I did it on my 21 tradesman powerwagon. I don't know why Borla doesn't update their site to reflect that it will fit. I was happy to get rid of the eyesore resonator and just see 3 inch tubing. I chose the 5 inch black chrome tip over the chrome. The biggest part with the Borla over my last which was the Flowmaster duals was there is ZERO drone. The other bonus is 304 stainless over the 409 Flowmaster. Initial startup but sounds better after running it a bit.
Anyone know if this fits a 2022 2500? Borla’s website doesn’t list anything for 2500 and I went back to 2019 - only lists availability for the 1500 models.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Anyone know if this fits a 2022 2500? Borla’s website doesn’t list anything for 2500 and I went back to 2019 - only lists availability for the 1500 models.
Borla catback 140801 fits 2019+
I put it on my 2019...hanger by the tire is pain, dropping the spare and pulling the hear shield made for more room

I bought mine here... Best price I could find at the time.

NightTrain

Reaction score
Borla catback 140801 fits 2019+
I put it on my 2019...hanger by the tire is pain, dropping the spare and pulling the hear shield made for more room

I bought mine here... Best price I could find at the time.

Thanks - appreciate the info

Users who are viewing this thread