Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust for 2020 2500 Limited 6.4L Hemi

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
Looking to swap my exhaust on my 2500, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I've see a couple of sites that say some 14-18 exhaust will fit the 5th Gen, again, anyone know if this is true? I had a Borla S-Type on my 2019 1500 & loved it, really missing that V8 sound right about now!

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I swapped a Mufflex in my 4th gen and deleted the resonator. It was deep, loud and sounded great to me, though it did drone quite a bit when loaded down.

After hunting around on the 4.5 gen, I went with MBRP as the videos and reviews made it sound like it'd be a little more mellow and reduce the drone. Drone is definitely significantly reduced, but it is quite a bit louder than the videos made it seem. I still like the tone, just wasn't trying to go that route.

As for the install, I didn't have any measurements to compare and it had been a few years, but everything looked and felt identical to what I had remembered.

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I’ll keep an eye for any updates & let you if I find anything out as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
@Whiskey_Glide , I found on a FB group that someone put a Borla S-Type (Part# 140801) on their 2020 and it fit fine.
I must say... I really like the sound clip he posted...

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
[mention]Gondul [/mention] can you shoot me a link to the FB post? TIA!

Firebird

Reaction score
I'm wondering if something like these would be beneficial for the 6.4?
Screenshot_20210523-201334_eBay.jpg

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I not sure those would fit...

ARH makes headers/pipes for the 2019+
AFE has headers/pipes for the 2014-18 'Power Wagon'

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
Finally got our Borla installed today. Happy, happy!
3cb034869564275cd5c54eea2134d1f8.jpg

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
[mention]Gondul [/mention] will do! Haven’t really drove it yet, cold start & revs sound good, I have an hour drive one way tomorrow & an hour back, should have some good feedback by tomorrow afternoon! Stay tuned.

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
So, I wish I could add a sound clip or video on here. But, sounds was solid, good deep tone. As far as “drone”, don’t really even hear the exhaust unless the radio is off & even then it’s pretty tame. Can hear it when you get on it, but sounds good!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So, I wish I could add a sound clip or video on here. But, sounds was solid, good deep tone. As far as “drone”, don’t really even hear the exhaust unless the radio is off & even then it’s pretty tame. Can hear it when you get on it, but sounds good!

I mean... I guess that's a good as I won't have to listen to it and then get jealous! :D:D

Poor man's PW

Reaction score
Looking to swap my exhaust on my 2500, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I've see a couple of sites that say some 14-18 exhaust will fit the 5th Gen, again, anyone know if this is true? I had a Borla S-Type on my 2019 1500 & loved it, really missing that V8 sound right about now!
It fits perfectly. I did it on my 21 tradesman powerwagon. I don't know why Borla doesn't update their site to reflect that it will fit. I was happy to get rid of the eyesore resonator and just see 3 inch tubing. I chose the 5 inch black chrome tip over the chrome. The biggest part with the Borla over my last which was the Flowmaster duals was there is ZERO drone. The other bonus is 304 stainless over the 409 Flowmaster. Initial startup but sounds better after running it a bit.

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
[mention]Poor man's PW [/mention] I ended up going with the Borla, direct fit, sounds great. Have always liked Borla products, sounds great & 0 drone!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
It fits perfectly. I did it on my 21 tradesman powerwagon. I don't know why Borla doesn't update their site to reflect that it will fit. I was happy to get rid of the eyesore resonator and just see 3 inch tubing. I chose the 5 inch black chrome tip over the chrome. The biggest part with the Borla over my last which was the Flowmaster duals was there is ZERO drone. The other bonus is 304 stainless over the 409 Flowmaster. Initial startup but sounds better after running it a bit.

You guys are killing me...

Firebird

Reaction score
I ordered a Magnaflow bolt in replacement for my stock muffler, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. My only concern is going to be when towing, hopefully, it doesn't blow us out of the cab.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I ordered a Magnaflow bolt in replacement for my stock muffler, supposed to be delivered tomorrow. My only concern is going to be when towing, hopefully, it doesn't blow us out of the cab.
If you are talking about the D-fit, others have said it is loud and drones... but again, those terms are subjective.

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
[mention]Chris1911 [/mention] Cat back system

Chris1911

Reaction score
[mention]Chris1911 [/mention] Cat back system

Looks nice, but sounds like it may be louder than what i want.

Users who are viewing this thread