Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Drone Fix - threads merged

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Lmao performance resonator they are full of it put the oem resonator back on and disable the MDS should make your drone minimal if at all. To build a j pipe it would need to be quite long and hard to accomplish with the room provided

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My apologies to anyone in the thread that received a warning message that was intended only for the thread author. It was unintentional and/or a bug in the site code.

To be clear, no warning points were given to any others.

Razzman

Reaction score
Mufflex Drone Suppression pipe. A bit pricey but it's adjustable allowing you to find the best length for your application. Many have used it with success in elimination of drone. On my '17 1500 I Installed a Borla XS-Pro muffler which sounded amazing but I had a real annoying drone in the 1600-1700 range. Thinking it out I realized resonance could be the issue and changing the frequency can make a huge difference. I wrapped the exhaust pipe from the y-pipe to the muffler with header tape, did the trick. It changed the frequency dropping the drone from annoying to barely there.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I had a horrible drone in my 7.3 Powerstroke Bronco when it was straight piped. I put a 17" FTE 4" resonator on it, and it knocked the drone way down, but it was still there. I replaced it with their 30" resonator, and it completely eliminated the drone. It still sounds awesome when you get into the loud part of the pedal too. I gave the short resonator to a friend with a drone issue on his 7.3 CCLB and it cured his problems. Not sure what size the exhaust is on the trucks in question?

Users who are viewing this thread