Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error C2206 (Vehicle Configuration Mismatch) after updating the DASM module per TSB 08-150-21

thestuarts

Reaction score
I got tired of relying on my dealership for updates and service bulletins, so I became an authorized Stellantis aftermarket independent operator. I purchased a Mopar diagnostic pod, a Tech Authority subscription, a wiTECH 2.0 subscription, and wiTECH ECU flash tokens. I have been updating my truck and my friends' trucks without any problems for many months. However, tonight I ran into a problem.

Today, a friend told me that sometimes his truck would automatically applies the brakes in a phantom forward collision events with non-existent objects. I immediately recognized this as TSB 08-150-21. I hooked up the wiTECH and confirmed his DASM module was outdated by two revisions and eligible for a calibration update (from 68320950AL to 68320950AN). I connected my battery charger and set it on continuous charge (15A) and performed the update without any incident. The DASM update took about 50 minutes to complete, but that is normal per the instructions in the TSB.

After the DASM update completed, I cleared all the DTCs as per the TSB. However, the DASM immediately throws C2206 (Vehicle Configuration Mismatch) no matter how many times I clear the DTCs. The instrument cluster indicates the forward collision detection is disabled.

I put all the DASM configuration data on my Google Drive along with the TSB.

Troubleshooting performed:
  • In the DASM details, I noticed the VIN Original and VIN Current aren't set; the values are ?????????????????. How do I set the VINs in the DASM, if possible?
  • The DASM configuration, I noticed it says "ACC Present = False; ACC Stop Present = False." However, the truck is equipped with ACC because I see the buttons on the steering wheel, and my friend said it has ACC, and the build sheet shows "NHZP - ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL W/STOP & GO" Do I use AlfaOBD to set those values to true?
  • On the list of all DTCs, this one seems relevant. Is there any way to determine what data was implausible?
    • EPS U148A-00 Implausible Data Received from Driver Assistance System Module-
  • Only two DASM misc functions are available, and both seem scary:
    • Driver Assistant System Module (DASM) Auto Alignment
    • Enter Plant Mode
  • I reflashed the DASM, but the problem persists.
  • I have not looked at anything in AlfaOBD, but it is available if you think it is worthwhile.

Any and all ideas are welcomed.

Alan

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Follow my used DASM calibration procedure by putting it in plant mode, and follow the screenshots at the end of the linked post here:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Also, I’ll take a look at the AlfaOBD current BCM system ID to verify all of the adaptive cruise/FCW settings.

thestuarts

Reaction score
Follow my used DASM calibration procedure by putting it in plant mode, and follow the screenshots at the end of the linked post here:
Following your DASM calibration procedure work perfectly. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread