Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling RSRA (Rear Seat Reminder Alert)

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Jimmy,
Do you have an ETA on when your list will be live in Alfa?
No idea, I can’t get a response from him. In the meantime, I can tell people what to change in their backup files for whatever settings they’re looking for.

firebabe127

Reaction score
I'm all for safety but this is ridiculous. Do you really need a reminder to check for your child?!! Every spring/summer the news has stories about things you can do to prevent leaving your kid in the back seat. One year they said to "put something valuable back there, like your cell phone" and I about lost my mind. So your phone is more valuable than your child? Wow, the world we live in.

Anyway I digress. I'm not an idiot so I don't need reminded to check my back seat for a human being that depends on me for survival, or even a pet for that matter. I want to disable RSRA but it's pretty clear from the forum that the option isn't listed even though the owner's manual says you can.

So my question is, can you disable it with AlphaOBD, Jscan or other brand of programmers?
I have an appointment next week to have a recall taken care of. While it's there I asked the dealership to disable RSRA. I doubt they'll do it but worth a shot I guess.

That said, I also have a Kaodtech cable on the way, and a vLinker on my desk waiting for it to arrive (so I can change tpms thresholds). Once installed it's just a matter of activating the software of choice (I downloaded the demo of both of the previously mentioned programs). If one can disable RSRA and the other can't that's the one I'll activate just in case the dealership can't/won't turn it off. But I can't seem to find it in either programmer, but there's a ton of options to look through. Does anyone know if either can do it?
Go into vehicle setup you can turn it off in there, I did.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Go into vehicle setup you can turn it off in there, I did.
This entire thread is about the fact that you couldn't on 95% of 2023 trucks. It wasn't until a few specific models showed up with the option available that Jimmy was able to pinpoint the values that need to be changed in AlfaOBD in order to enable the option for the rest of us.

firebabe127

Reaction score
This entire thread is about the fact that you couldn't on 95% of 2023 trucks. It wasn't until a few specific models showed up with the option available that Jimmy was able to pinpoint the values that need to be changed in AlfaOBD in order to enable the option for the rest of us.
Sorry I can see the whole thread now. For some reason only his original post came up and showed today's date. Once you replied to my post did the whole thread show up and showed the original date he posted the thread. It's just so weird how the same vehicles from the same manufacturers are so different.

Shots

Reaction score
Yeah, it makes no sense why they can't ll do it. Thanks for trying to help though.

Users who are viewing this thread