Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did RamTrucks.com remove the VIN lookup tool?

John Jensen

Reaction score
I tried and got this error

View attachment 51973
I apologize, the process I gave you is for Ram's spec charts but wasn't exact. Try this:
then select year/select model/select technical information/ select "base weights/cvw/payloads/trailer towing"/select model

Here is the URL for specific data

ollicat

Reaction score
I apologize, the process I gave you is for Ram's spec charts but wasn't exact. Try this:
then select year/select model/select technical information/ select "base weights/cvw/payloads/trailer towing"/select model

Here is the URL for specific data
Man I appreciate your help but neither really worked. The first link only lists for an SLT Megacab and I have a Laramie with options. So it is probably close for payload but not exact because I don't know the weight of my options.

The second link still says no VIN information available.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Man I appreciate your help but neither really worked. The first link only lists for an SLT Megacab and I have a Laramie with options. So it is probably close for payload but not exact because I don't know the weight of my options.

Bummer. Both sites work for me. Wonder why they don't work for you?

jsalbre

Reaction score

Since you have your truck just look at the loading sticker in the driver's door jamb. It has all of the relevant information there, and is the only "legal" source of truth. The online tool is really most useful for comparing trucks that you're looking at online.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Use that chart for GCWR as it won't change with trim/options (other than power train options).

Then use the door sticker cargo to determine your curb weight (GVWR minus cargo capacity). You can then use the notes at the bottom of the tow charts to determine max tow rating (passenger weight, accessory weight, hitch weight, etc).

That's all the website does for you.

Are you use the VIN isn't being fat fingered?

John Jensen

Reaction score
Since you have your truck just look at the loading sticker in the driver's door jamb. It has all of the relevant information there, and is the only "legal" source of truth. The online tool is really most useful for comparing trucks that you're looking at online.
All but towing capacity

ollicat

Reaction score
Use that chart for GCWR as it won't change with trim/options (other than power train options).

Then use the door sticker cargo to determine your curb weight (GVWR minus cargo capacity). You can then use the notes at the bottom of the tow charts to determine max tow rating (passenger weight, accessory weight, hitch weight, etc).

That's all the website does for you.

Are you use the VIN isn't being fat fingered?
Copying and pasting

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I just bought a new car. I want to know more about using a vin lookup tool. Basically, I want to install it. So that I can easily track my car location if needed. Which one are you using right now? If this one for free or paid?
Oh silly silly spammer/BOT.

sstoner911

Reaction score
The link for the towing capacity worked for me the other day - now I am getting this as well:

1685998533902.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The towing VIN lookup is very hit or miss, it's been that way for 2 years now.

Maybe they're lowering everyone's payload and towing again.

jadmt

Reaction score
The towing VIN lookup is very hit or miss, it's been that way for 2 years now.

Maybe they're lowering everyone's payload and towing again.
If that’s the case i will be competing with honda crvs for payload capacity.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
On a positive note my towing number increased by 92 pounds from 16620 to 16713 pounds.

I also noticed a buddy’s 2018 HO went up 247 pounds.

So its not all doom and gloom.

Attachments

• My 2020 Ram 2500 Payload and Towing Capacity change from 2022 to 2023.png
    My 2020 Ram 2500 Payload and Towing Capacity change from 2022 to 2023.png
    999 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread