Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device not supported

Paul Akman

Reaction score
Having the same issue. I deleted the phone (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra) and the negative battery cable for an hour, unplugged everything possible and then did a Sirius XM Radio Refresh- and the problem went away for two weeks. Today, I'm getting the message....again same as before. I note that the Sirius xm App received a pretty big update (bug fixes and connectivity etc) in the Google Play Store yesterday so maybe the "Over the Air" update has not been released yet--although I did do a radio refresh- and that didnt help so far. Strangely, the issue went away just as quickly as it appeared but I am now getting it for reasons unknown. I think my Uconnect system needs to be updated however, according to the site, no updates are currently available.... I am convinced thats why Android Auto no longer works with the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra....even though my truck is a 2019, the phone is too new.....and yesterday's Uconnect technology hasn't caught up yet.

Huntin75

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I can’t do anything with the screen as it just keeps popping up. Any solutions on this yet?
Mine was resolved when they changed the charging ports below the Radio.

Paul Akman

Reaction score
Mine was resolved when they changed the charging ports below the Radio.
ok...I think I have the fix. I'm 99% certain the culprit is Sirius XM as the truck's computer does recognize it as a "connected/installed device". (Sirius XM just did a huge update this weekend....) Here's what I did.

Disconnected everything (phones etc.)
Deleted my phone from the truck and then re-paired and added it.
Turned Bluetooth and WiFi Off.
Drove to an open parking lot and did a Sirius XM Radio refresh.

Waited 5 minutes to ensure the signal was received.

Turned truck off for 1 hour and 15 minutes to ensure complete shutdown.

Went into my Apps in my phone and cleared the "Uconnect App" cache.
Also cleared Google Assistant cache and the Sirus XM App cache.

After 1 hour and 15 minutes- I restarted the truck and noticed that as the system was firing up it was taking a little longer than usaul as it was (thinking......dots waving across the screen)---it usally fires right up.....

When it fired up everything came back up as usual---HOWEVER- I noticed that the channel on Sirius XM was not listed as "33" as it was when I shutdown the truck. It was "playing" channel 33 however, the display listed a 6 digit number. ( which is an indication the Update refresh was received.).

And then---the "Device not supported" message never came on!!!! I just took the truck out and gave it a thorough workout setting directions in the Nav App and driving for an hour. The "Device Not Supported" message never came on and has not returned since. The exact same thing happened a month ago, the last time they (Sirius) did an update (over the weekend) and by Sunday the next time I started my truck I noticed Sirius XM was was on channel 2----which meant it received an over the air update.

**My truck is usually parked in an underground garage--so I think I was never really getting the over the air update on start up. But just having done it outside in an open parking lot, letting it sit for an hour and 15 minutes- when I started it, it connected with the satellites and received the update----and as I said- the message disappeared and hasnt returned since.

Hope this helps everyone, worked for me.

Paul Akman

Reaction score
Please note-- Android Auto is still dead in the water though. Im also convinced that will be resolved with the next dealer installed update for Uconnect.

Notnothing

Reaction score
ok...I think I have the fix. I'm 99% certain the culprit is Sirius XM as the truck's computer does recognize it as a "connected/installed device". (Sirius XM just did a huge update this weekend....) Here's what I did.

Disconnected everything (phones etc.)
Deleted my phone from the truck and then re-paired and added it.
Turned Bluetooth and WiFi Off.
Drove to an open parking lot and did a Sirius XM Radio refresh.

Waited 5 minutes to ensure the signal was received.

Turned truck off for 1 hour and 15 minutes to ensure complete shutdown.

Went into my Apps in my phone and cleared the "Uconnect App" cache.
Also cleared Google Assistant cache and the Sirus XM App cache.

After 1 hour and 15 minutes- I restarted the truck and noticed that as the system was firing up it was taking a little longer than usaul as it was (thinking......dots waving across the screen)---it usally fires right up.....

When it fired up everything came back up as usual---HOWEVER- I noticed that the channel on Sirius XM was not listed as "33" as it was when I shutdown the truck. It was "playing" channel 33 however, the display listed a 6 digit number. ( which is an indication the Update refresh was received.).

And then---the "Device not supported" message never came on!!!! I just took the truck out and gave it a thorough workout setting directions in the Nav App and driving for an hour. The "Device Not Supported" message never came on and has not returned since. The exact same thing happened a month ago, the last time they (Sirius) did an update (over the weekend) and by Sunday the next time I started my truck I noticed Sirius XM was was on channel 2----which meant it received an over the air update.

**My truck is usually parked in an underground garage--so I think I was never really getting the over the air update on start up. But just having done it outside in an open parking lot, letting it sit for an hour and 15 minutes- when I started it, it connected with the satellites and received the update----and as I said- the message disappeared and hasnt returned since.

Hope this helps everyone, worked for me.
Hey - thanks for the detailed write-up. Unfortunately however it didn't work for me. I tried clearing all my personal data and the Radio Refresh from the SXM website. One of those triggered a SXM update in the background (evidenced by a bunch of files ending in ...SXM.jar installing on the bottom left of the screenr Is that what's supposed to happen after a radio refresh?

I'm 100% sure the issue that the truck is not happy with the SXM module as you mentioned. I have unpaired my phone from blue tooth and CarPlay (screen projection) in the uconnect settings menus in the car. There isn't even a USB cable plugged anywhere into the car anymore and my phone nowhere near the car, I still get device not supported errors.

It's going to end up with me taking it to the dealer and losing while I wait for them to go through all the same steps. :(

Darkanion

Reaction score
I had not seen the "device not supported" errors in a week or two, until yesterday. I plugged in the mag safe charger for my iPhone and that message popped up immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread