Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device not supported

offroadr

Reaction score
Anyone else getting this error when plugging your phone in? I have Motorola Droid. I do not have the Android app on the phone, I just want to charge it.

ITGuy

Reaction score
Anyone else getting this error when plugging your phone in? I have Motorola Droid. I do not have the Android app on the phone, I just want to charge it.

I started getting that after uconnect updated to the latest firmware, I switched from a USB to a USC-C cable and it resolved it. Silly but it worked, I have an iPhone 11 though. My personal belief is something changed in the software load because after that I can no linger use a regular USB cable, only USB-C.

thestuarts

Reaction score
I started getting that after uconnect updated to the latest firmware, I switched from a USB to a USC-C cable and it resolved it. Silly but it worked, I have an iPhone 11 though. My personal belief is something changed in the software load because after that I can no linger use a regular USB cable, only USB-C.

I also started getting the error after the Uconnect update last week, but it only happens when I plug in my TPS monitoring system to the USB ports under the radio. It doesn't happen if I plug in the TPS monitoring system to the USB port under the armrest.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I also started getting the error after the Uconnect update last week, but it only happens when I plug in my TPS monitoring system to the USB ports under the radio. It doesn't happen if I plug in the TPS monitoring system to the USB port under the armrest.

Difference between data and charge only ports.

I always carry a charge only cable with me when I travel or use my own cigar lighter charger so the rental car radio doesn't do stupid crap with my phone. I don't need Android Auto, I just need charge and bluetooth phone & media (my music).

thestuarts

Reaction score
Difference between data and charge only ports.

The problem is after the Uconnect update the error pops up continuously on the data ports. Before the update, I could plug my TPS monitor into the data port to charge, and the error only popped up once. Now ai can't use the center display when charging.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is after the Uconnect update the error pops up continuously on the data ports. Before the update, I could plug my TPS monitor into the data port to charge, and the error only popped up once. Now ai can't use the center display when charging.

Not saying they didn't hose the Uconnect, but the work around is a charge only cable.

U

User_1648

I had to experiment with different USB-C cables to get it to work, but finally narrowed it down to the cable I am currently using.

Huntin75

Reaction score
I am having the same issue "Device not supported" popping up sometimes ever 15 seconds, over your nav maps, phone it doesn't matter. This is on the 12.1 display and I have an Iphone 10 Xs Max. The device doesn't have to be connected for the issue to come up. I have completely unpaired and deleted my devices and it still shows up. If you try connecting through the ports, they power up and down roughly every 3 seconds. I had this issue first show up a couple weeks ago and when I went to take it in the problem stopped. a week and a half later its back now. I did drop it by the dealership where i purchased it 2 days ago but they haven't gotten to it, there was some speculations about a possible radio replacement but was told it could take up to 2 weeks to get that in. I am not sure about you guys, but I DIDN'T purchase A 60K plus truck to have it setting at the dealership. So I appreciate any advice you might have.

Squatch

Reaction score
I am pretty happy my truck doesn’t automatically update at this point. I’m sorry you guys have to deal with that nonsense.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I am having the same issue "Device not supported" popping up sometimes ever 15 seconds, over your nav maps, phone it doesn't matter. This is on the 12.1 display and I have an Iphone 10 Xs Max. The device doesn't have to be connected for the issue to come up. I have completely unpaired and deleted my devices and it still shows up. If you try connecting through the ports, they power up and down roughly every 3 seconds. I had this issue first show up a couple weeks ago and when I went to take it in the problem stopped. a week and a half later its back now. I did drop it by the dealership where i purchased it 2 days ago but they haven't gotten to it, there was some speculations about a possible radio replacement but was told it could take up to 2 weeks to get that in. I am not sure about you guys, but I DIDN'T purchase A 60K plus truck to have it setting at the dealership. So I appreciate any advice you might have.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

PCB

Reaction score
I also have had issues with "Device not supported" popping up on my 12.1 display. I first noticed problem after receiving a message from " what's app" on my iphone7 . The phone was not connected by wire, but the USB/apple cable was plugged in to a port.
The truck is a new 2020 power wagon with less than 1500 miles. I have had many other computer issues such as radio volume sticks, no tire pressures, location failure ....and more. I too spent over 60,000 and sorry I bought this truck. Taking truck back to the dealer again next week. I wonder if reseting computer by taking off negative terminal for 30 min would help?

Huntin75

Reaction score
I also have had issues with "Device not supported" popping up on my 12.1 display. I first noticed problem after receiving a message from " what's app" on my iphone7 . The phone was not connected by wire, but the USB/apple cable was plugged in to a port.
The truck is a new 2020 power wagon with less than 1500 miles. I have had many other computer issues such as radio volume sticks, no tire pressures, location failure ....and more. I too spent over 60,000 and sorry I bought this truck. Taking truck back to the dealer again next week. I wonder if reseting computer by taking off negative terminal for 30 min would help?

When I took my truck in they ended up replacing the USB port, and that eliminated my issue.

GTMF

Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to my truck, the phone music or apple play music wouldn't work through the truck only through Bluetooth.
Dealer told me it needs a new USB port; I just disconnected my both batteries for a minute and plugged them in and magic everything works! (also I used to have Iphone 6splus now I have 11pro idk if that could be an issue as well, like an old phone)

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
RamCares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Exact same thing happened to my truck, the phone music or apple play music wouldn't work through the truck only through Bluetooth.
Dealer told me it needs a new USB port; I just disconnected my both batteries for a minute and plugged them in and magic everything works! (also I used to have Iphone 6splus now I have 11pro idk if that could be an issue as well, like an old phone)

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

fstryker

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I can’t do anything with the screen as it just keeps popping up. Any solutions on this yet?

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I am pretty happy my truck doesn’t automatically update at this point. I’m sorry you guys have to deal with that nonsense.
All the connected devices are going that way. One must question why. And when you signed up for the free service, you agreed to the terms. This many paragraphs that no one reads, or that merely refer to a website no one goes to.

Jerseymike450

Reaction score
This morning my truck had a dead battery, no lights, doors wouldn't unlock from fob...nothing. I had to use the key from the fob to open the door. Once I hooked up my jump pack, the lights started flashing, and the horn started beeping until I hit the start button. It was sluggish to start but started quickly. I was still getting the "Device Not Supported" pop up all the way to work. Then it hit me. The kids leave an iPod charging cord plugged into one of the back USB ports. I reached back, unplugged it, and discovered the end of it was all wet and corroded. I cleared the pop up message and haven't had it since.

20210121_072136.jpg20210121_072157.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread