Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

cummins2020

Reaction score
This is second or third hand knowledge at best, but when I talked to my local dealer (Springfield, MO so not far from you) last weekend they told me there was going to be a disruption in deliveries in early to mid October and it had something to do with trains. I didn't ask the details but it seemed it was common knowledge at the dealer and they were setting expectations for customers like me that were looking around for specific options in a dealer stock truck. They said they are selling faster than they can get product in the door, and were concerned about having a good selection on the ground in October...which I bought elsewhere because the diesel inventory was already picked over.
Thanks for the info...even though its sad news!!

JLPower

Reaction score
Ordered July 28--- At the dealer today
Where are you located. We ordered ours 8/19 and it was in Texas as of last week. We are in Kentucky so it's coming to Nashville for our dealer to pickup. We ordered Pearl White Night Edition 2500 Cummins

cummins2020

Reaction score
Ordered 8/12 and can finally pull up my build sheet today, no window sticker though.
Probably a few weeks yet Sleepy...Mine is still rusting away at some railyard in Midelothan, Texas for a few weeks now. Little to no help from my dealer!!!!

JasonB

Reaction score
Ordered 8/8. Build sheet and window sticker available. E-mail from FCA a few weeks ago stated estimated delivery week of 10/17. New update from dealer today, expected delivery to railyard is 10/31. Not to dealer until sometime in November.

imokru22

Reaction score
Ordered 8/8. Build sheet and window sticker available. E-mail from FCA a few weeks ago stated estimated delivery week of 10/17. New update from dealer today, expected delivery to railyard is 10/31. Not to dealer until sometime in November.
And you may miss out on 0% financing.

JasonB

Reaction score
Hoping rebates will just get better as the year goes on. 21s should be on the ground then. Who knows, can’t change it, so accept it and see what happens.

cummins2020

Reaction score
Hoping rebates will just get better as the year goes on. 21s should be on the ground then. Who knows, can’t change it, so accept it and see what happens.
FCA dropping the ball once again...and yes I am still complaining after 23 1/2 weeks still waiting on delivery!!! Sorry to cry on your post brother!

JLPower

Reaction score
The order status updates have little sense to them imo. our 8/19 order was in Texas last week and Arkansas yesterday on its way to Nashville for the truck hauler to pickup. Though ram cares told us yesterday it would arrive later than they told us last week arrival time went from a range of 10/9-10/22 to 10/16 to 10/31. So I'm a little confused with the ram cares estimate changes versus what our dealer is updating us on because it soundd like it's almost here (KY dealer).

cummins2020

Reaction score
The order status updates have little sense to them imo. our 8/19 order was in Texas last week and Arkansas yesterday on its way to Nashville for the truck hauler to pickup. Though ram cares told us yesterday it would arrive later than they told us last week arrival time went from a range of 10/9-10/22 to 10/16 to 10/31. So I'm a little confused with the ram cares estimate changes versus what our dealer is updating us on because it soundd like it's almost here (KY dealer).
Happy for you folks!!!

Ivan441

Reaction score
has anyone confirmed that the 2021 trucks are already being built?

Slider57

Reaction score
has anyone confirmed that the 2021 trucks are already being built?

Built? That I can't answer, but as of this past Monday, 10/5/2020, you can order the 2021 3500 Cummins HO option. Up till then, only the SO Cummins was available. I put in an order for the 3500 you see in my Sig and the dealer said to figure on 10 week till I see it. Hope that helps

FlyingShooter

Reaction score
I actually didn’t place a special order, but I am also seeing delays in trucks getting to dealers. I found a 20’ 2500 over a month ago that showed in Transit. It was close enough to my custom build I decided to go for it, and dealer said it would arrive first week of October. Called the dealer this morning for an update, and he is saying the computer now says it won’t arrive until Nov 10th!

They weren’t sure why, but something in shipping is hitting snags...

cummins2020

Reaction score
I actually didn’t place a special order, but I am also seeing delays in trucks getting to dealers. I found a 20’ 2500 over a month ago that showed in Transit. It was close enough to my custom build I decided to go for it, and dealer said it would arrive first week of October. Called the dealer this morning for an update, and he is saying the computer now says it won’t arrive until Nov 10th!

They weren’t sure why, but something in shipping is hitting snags...
Sorry Brother, its been hell for many of us!!!!! Hang Tough!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread