Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Good news though!! Most just dropped $5000-7500 with all employee pricing this month!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshfly

Reaction score
Maybe you just need to get your deposit back and do something else. It seems that your dealer isn’t willing to abide by the same standards as every other dealer in the country and hold the price when you ordered.

Lwarr

Reaction score
That's ridiculous. I still havent heard back from the dealer. She doesnt understand the delay either. I'd like to just know timeframe wise, is it that hard RAM?
Well if yours and mine are on same train to detroit, dealer told me yesterday its in hegewiSch illinois. Was in blue island illinois last monday... Thats 7.5 miles travelled in a WEEK!!!! WTF!?!?

Jkrouse1

Reaction score
I order august 29th I'm in ohio...truck has been in kz status since 9/16. My dealer had no answers till monday. They said there was a hail storm and it put a hold on 16k trucks till everyone was inspected. So if it's TRUE anyone that ordered around that time might want to check it over good especially the roof. Supposedly it was on a train monday leaving.

tpk0999

Reaction score
I order august 29th I'm in ohio...truck has been in kz status since 9/16. My dealer had no answers till monday. They said there was a hail storm and it put a hold on 16k trucks till everyone was inspected. So if it's TRUE anyone that ordered around that time might want to check it over good especially the roof. Supposedly it was on a train monday leaving.
Holy ****. Are we preparing to receive golfballs?

LaneC

Reaction score
I've seen trucks take 6 months... It happens. I had a 5500 this year I ordered take 6 months.
Believe it or not certain configurations of HD Rams are not the easiest thing in the world to come by, theyre in high demand, and to a certain degree you could say there is a shortage.
If you think it takes a long time to get a HD Ram, try a Promaster!
Sales people(if they know, some of them havent been told)should have told you that the lead time's on these things are pretty long.
12-14 weeks is not unusual at all.
After a truck does go KZ it is not unusual to still have to wait a while.
Tracking the HD trucks is not really that accurate, I mean it tells you whats going on, but it's not as if you can call up a rep and say "I need you to get me that truck in a hurry", It's in line where its at, and thats it.. You can ask for favors, but most of the time it's out of their hands. These things do not track like a fedex or USPS package by any means.

Last edited:

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
I've seen trucks take 6 months... It happens. I had a 5500 this year I ordered take 6 months.
Believe it or not certain configurations of HD Rams are not the easiest thing in the world to come by, theyre in high demand, and to a certain degree you could say there is a shortage.
If you think it takes a long time to get a HD Ram, try a Promaster!
Sales people(if they know, some of them havent been told)should have told you that the lead time's on these things are pretty long.
12-14 weeks is not unusual at all.
After a truck does go KZ it is not unusual to still have to wait a while.
Tracking the HD trucks is not really that accurate, I mean it tells you whats going on, but it's not as if you can call up a rep and say "I need you to get me that truck in a hurry", It's in line where its at, and thats it.. You can ask for favors, but most of the time it's out of their hands. These things do not track like a fedex or USPS package by any means.

I’ve gotten 3 in 6 months. LOL.

Ogamiitto

Reaction score
a day after my 15 week mark, my 3500 showed up on my dealer lot. it was in that yard for about 4 days i believe.

i honestly thought i was going to be at the 18 week mark when all is said and done....so, i'm pleasantly surprised.

made the 12 hour drive ( don't ask...) to pick my truck up this last Sunday.....what an experience. i'm thinking about writing my thoughts on the 780 mile trip back in the new truck in a new thread. from the POV of a first time truck owner.....

RAM_NOV3rd_1.jpgRAM_NOV3rd_2.jpg

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
35 days from sunny Mexico to snowy Alberta Canada!!! This would be great but i really wanted a night edition. Dealer tried to order but couldn’t so he ordered it without incase I still wanted it. Red pearl sport 2500 Cummins Laramie megacab with ram boxes.

LaneC

Reaction score
If you're anywhere in the Midwest/great lakes area, try me the next time you order one. If it's a personal purchase as opposed to a business or fleet, I can get you lifetime powertrain warranty, good anywhere in the US, at no additional cost.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
If you're anywhere in the Midwest/great lakes area, try me the next time you order one. If it's a personal purchase as opposed to a business or fleet, I can get you lifetime powertrain warranty, good anywhere in the US, at no additional cost.
Thx for that but to far away. Up here in Canuckvile no lifetime warranty for us, we are lucky if our warranty lasts longer than the life cycle of a fruit fly!

tpk0999

Reaction score
What dealership?

Users who are viewing this thread