Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

redwinelvr

Reaction score
I ordered 4/15 and my dealer says it is still sitting in Mexico with no delivery estimate yet. Went KZ back on 5/31.

arwright

Reaction score
3500 Limited Mega Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box and Ramboxes

4/19 - Ordered
4/22 - VON Issued
4/24 - VIN Received
4/24 - D
5/07 - D1
5/20 - F
5/21 - I
5/27 - KZ
5/30 @10:13AM - Train departure from Saltillo. Expected arrival at truck distribution yard in Mira Loma, CA on June 12th.
6/05 - Truck is at first rail departure per dealer. Not sure what this means. Expected delivery to dealer, "middle of the month." This update sounds the same as the one I received on 5/30, but I could be wrong.

Update
6/13 - Per phone call with RAM truck is still KZ awaiting shipment awaiting shipment "contract" to be signed. Completely confused by this. I reached out to my dealer for an update, I'll have to wait and see what they say bc they told me on 6/5 it should be delivered to rail yard in Mira Loma, CA today.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
3500 Limited Mega Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box and Ramboxes

4/19 - Ordered
4/22 - VON Issued
4/24 - VIN Received
4/24 - D
5/07 - D1
5/20 - F
5/21 - I
5/27 - KZ
5/30 @10:13AM - Train departure from Saltillo. Expected arrival at truck distribution yard in Mira Loma, CA on June 12th.
6/05 - Truck is at first rail departure per dealer. Not sure what this means. Expected delivery to dealer, "middle of the month." This update sounds the same as the one I received on 5/30, but I could be wrong.

Update
6/13 - Per phone call with RAM truck is still KZ awaiting shipment awaiting shipment "contract" to be signed. Completely confused by this. I reached out to my dealer for an update, I'll have to wait and see what they say bc they told me on 6/5 it should be delivered to rail yard in Mira Loma, CA today.
You and I in same boat. Wonder where hiccup is from??

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
You and I in same boat. Wonder where hiccup is from??
On phone with Ram now to have it escalated for immediate review. My dealer just got 4 1500’s yesterday and a 3500 unsold Units. He too said he asked to ship this sold unit instead but didn’t happen.

arwright

Reaction score
On phone with Ram now to have it escalated for immediate review. My dealer just got 4 1500’s yesterday and a 3500 unsold Units. He too said he asked to ship this sold unit instead but didn’t happen.

How were you able to have it escalated?

redwinelvr

Reaction score
Why do you doubt it? All dealers have access to a report at any time that shows where all their orders are in the process.
My two cents is my dealer was pissed when he saw my quote from DD and had to compete against it. Frankly, had I to do it over again, I would not ask them to compete, I would just say give my your best price and let the best one win. But my dealer wanted to see the quote and I am now left with the suspicion that he got me back by using tools at his disposal. I have zero proof and am likely talking out of the wrong whole, but in a clearly flawed process such as this, it is what it is. And how many times have dealers given people a reason to hate them.

And since someone who order 10 days after me already got their truck and I'm supposedly still sitting in Mexico, something doesn't feel, smell or taste right.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Why do you doubt it? All dealers have access to a report at any time that shows where all their orders are in the process.
This is a dealer I have tried to buy from for over 20 years and doesn’t match other dealers ever. This is a first for me he didn’t make any money only money he would make is if he sells my truck for $50k plus. And today it will pass 60k miles on a 2016 2500 Longhorn Megacab.

SteelersFan

Reaction score
I ordered the same day. Chat says KZ but my dealer says arrival to phoenix the 21st. Maybe i should call...
Hard to say what the hold up is. There are so many variables to an order. I had luck of the draw I guess. My dealer did tell me 6-8 wks, it took 7 to the day to arrive at my dealer.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
Hard to say what the hold up is. There are so many variables to an order. I had luck of the draw I guess. My dealer did tell me 6-8 wks, it took 7 to the day to arrive at my dealer.
That is what my dealer told me as well six to to eight weeks and I Am at 6.5 weeks now so I’m just anxious

arwright

Reaction score
Just a phone call to RAM. She asked if I’d like to have order escalated and she said she sent it up.

I might have to do that. My dealer now says they "don't have GPS" in the trucks and can't see its every move (love the sarcasm...not). They won't even confirm if it shipped all of a sudden, only that it is expected to be at the final rail yard on 6/18. It keeps moving back every time I get an update from them.

redwinelvr

Reaction score
Well, I decided to call RAM for the first time to see if I could get a better update and I've been on hold waiting for a status for 10 minutes now. She even came back once and said they are still looking into it and need a few more minutes? I'm mildly amused. Came back after 15 minutes and said all they could see was that it was still in shipping status and likely still in Mexico. She did say that since it was the 14th day, she was now allowed to escalate and someone would give me a call by end of the week? Any bets on whether I get an actual phone call by tomorrow. This is simply an escalation to find out what the hold up is, it i not to necessarily to speed up the process.

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
You guys have not read the entire thread.
RAM chat works up to the KZ point. After that, they do not have the tools to find that info.

Your dealer has the Rubicon VLS screen which they can find the info on where it is, and its progress.

Call your salesman.

BigA80

Reaction score
Ordered mine 4-18. Ram lady said it went to KZ on 6-5 still there today. I got the VIN # from her and used the build sheet and window sticker links and got nothing linked to vin#. So either she gave me the wrong vin# , or the links don't work, or there is still no build sheet for it. 7wks since ordering today the way things are looking from others on this forum could be at least another 2-3 wks. Maybe. Only good thing is hopefully a dealer discount might be out July 4. I'm going to stop by my dealer today to turn in some paperwork on my Challenger SRT warranty refund and see if he knows anything on the status of the truck but I'll bet I know more about it than he does. :rolleyes:

redwinelvr

Reaction score
Howdy,
You guys have not read the entire thread.
RAM chat works up to the KZ point. After that, they do not have the tools to find that info.

Your dealer has the Rubicon VLS screen which they can find the info on where it is, and its progress.

Call your salesman.
Uh I have read every thread in here and I have also stated several times, this lack of info is coming from my salesman/Sales Manager at my dealer. Ram chat can absolutely tell if it left Mexico, they are blind after that.

Zinga

Reaction score
I'm currently a Ford truck owner and a soon to be Ram owner. I hope to have a delivery date on my 3500 tomorrow. Since I'll be keeping the Ford, I'll guess that means I'll have dual citizenship.

After reading thru all the posts in this thread, it appears that everyone that has a problem should either blame the Mexicans or the Italians. If there was a way to blame the Canadians and thus the French, then the trifecta would be complete. LOL.

Chriuus

Reaction score
2500 Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4 w/6'4" Box - 6.4L Hemi

5-25 Date ordered
5-30 D1 - First update from dealer
6-8 Estimated ship date
6-8 from ram chat - " E status, Frame. Order is currently in the build process. The completed vehicle should be ready for shipping in the next day or so."
6-10 G
6-11 Received Build Sheet
6-11 Update from dealer: Truck is built and shows to be in Memphis 6-26 and delivered around 10 days after
6-12 KZ Status - Received Window Sticker

Getting excited, but at the same time won't mind if I have to wait till 8-3 because that's when I'll be at 60 days with Penfed for the $1000 off. Tried requesting a brochure from RAM to see if they would send a rebate about 3 weeks ago, but nothing yet.

Josh42

Reaction score
3500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4 w/6'" Box - CTD

5/6 Order Placed
5/13 D Status
5/18 D1 Status
5/31 KZ
6/13 Roper Utah
x/xx Dennis Dillon
7/5 Hopefully Picking Up...

Users who are viewing this thread