Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

redwinelvr

Reaction score
Glad some of us are moving along now. I ordered 4/15, but still waiting for build as of this morning. At least the queue is moving.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Build sheet should show up once you've gone through D status and it is built.... window sticker won't show up until it is about to ship.

This is the link for the build sheet: https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
You need to put in your VIN after the = sign, and the letters of the VIN need to be in ALL CAPS.

This is the link for the window sticker: https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=
You need to put in your VIN after the = sign, and the letters of the VIN need to be in ALL CAPS.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
3/31/19 - Deposit on Order
4/01/19 - Entered into computer
4/02/19 - VIN Issued
4/08/19 - All parts available in queue to be built
4/17/19 - CLAIMED ship date from dealer
4/18/19 - F- Paint status
4/22/19 - Ram Chat said I was still in D1 (?)
4/23/19 - VIN returns an actual vehicle on the Dodge Equipment Listing page!
4/24/19 - Body Vendor per the Dealer
5/1/19 - VIN returns a window sticker on the RAM Window Sticker page!
5/2/19 - Delivered to the Railyard!
5/8/19 - In Texas per dealer
Estimated arrival to Orlando 5/15/19 (not really holding my breath on this one)
5/16/19 - Orlando Rail Yard
5/20/19 - Delivered to Dealer

And now I have to wait until the weekend to be able to drive over and pick it up!
Photos from the dealer... he will also be sending me a pic of the payload sticker as soon as the guy with the key makes it back...

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Gondul what color interior did you get?

Black, I like dark interiors.

Given all the issues (seams to be wearing fast, color transfer onto the Frost) I read about the Indigo/Frost on the 1500 board, I would opt for it anyway.

arwright

Reaction score
3500 Limited Mega Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box and Ramboxes

4/19 - Ordered
4/22 - VON Issued
4/24 - VIN Received
4/24 - D
5/07 - D1
5/20 - F

Update
5/21 - I (Built, awaiting quality inspections)

As of this morning, no build sheet populated. Hopefully by the end of the day I will get to see something. Still needs to go to body vendor (JB) for bedliner and side step.

maxsteel

Reaction score
3500 Laramie MegaCab Black Appearance HO Aisin, Everything but RamBox

4/15 - Ordered
5/15 - VIN/VON (was probably earlier, but my dealer didn't give it to me until I asked)
5/16 - D1
5/20 - F
5/21 - JB for bedliner and bed step, build sheet available

A whole lot of nothing for a month, but moving along now. Hoping for a quick ship. I live in SLC which seems to be a major train hub for these things so hopefully that helps.

Last edited:

Josh42

Reaction score
I ordered from Dennis Dillon a Big horn 3500 4x4 CCSB with CTD. Added on towing, level 1 equipment, protection group, side steps, and off road tires.

Status from Ram Chat:
5/6 Order Placed
5/13 D Status
5/18 D1 Status

Ram chat wouldn't give me a expected build date. Did others have more luck with chat?

I am in NM but my car is going to DD in Idaho. Do you think buying a one way Southwest (transferable) ticket 4th of July weekend will work out? I can always change, but would rather not buy last minute.

I am really hoping this vehicle comes in before mid-July when I have family visiting and I am going to need 6 person bench seat :)

jpaeth

Reaction score
I ordered from Dennis Dillon a Big horn 3500 4x4 CCSB with CTD. Added on towing, level 1 equipment, protection group, side steps, and off road tires.

Status from Ram Chat:
5/6 Order Placed
5/13 D Status
5/18 D1 Status

Ram chat wouldn't give me a expected build date. Did others have more luck with chat?

I am in NM but my car is going to DD in Idaho. Do you think buying a one way Southwest (transferable) ticket 4th of July weekend will work out? I can always change, but would rather not buy last minute.

I am really hoping this vehicle comes in before mid-July when I have family visiting and I am going to need 6 person bench seat :)
Have you talked to you salesman at DD about travel there? I think DD may pay for your airfare there to get the truck. Never done it personally so I'm not sure how the process works but it would be worth a question.

jpaeth

Reaction score
Update on my timeline:
3/27/19-Vehicle Ordered
4/4/19-VIN Provided at my request
4/10/19-RAM chat let me know I was in D1 Status (and had been for 8 days)
4/23/19- "I" status provided by chat
4/24/19- “JB” Status provided by chat, I think to do bed liner
4/25/19- “KZ” status provided by chat, now we wait!
4/30/19- gave up on chat and called in, was given a rail arrival date in Utah of 5/9, they estimate it will be to the dealer by 5/20
5/13/19- Confirmation from Dealer as well as chat agent that the truck was unloaded in the rail yard in Draper, UT last week and is waiting to be loaded to a truck.
5/21/19- The truck is loaded on a vehicle carrier and on its way to Boise! Hoping for a quick turnaround on the PDI so I can pick up Thursday

Josh42

Reaction score
Have you talked to you salesman at DD about travel there? I think DD may pay for your airfare there to get the truck. Never done it personally so I'm not sure how the process works but it would be worth a question.

I believe they are currently doing that on 2018 models and not 2019 models.

jpaeth

Reaction score
I believe they are currently doing that on 2018 models and not 2019 models.
Oh thats too bad. Just checked it out on their site and saw that too. If it were me, I'd still press the salesguy for something along those lines. Airfare from NM shouldn't bee too much and they may throw you a bone if you're lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread