Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Time Estimates

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I have a VIN # , I entered it on the VOTS area on the Ram site .... Just get a spinning wheel? No info?

You need to use this website Equipment Listing enter your VIN after the = sign, also letters need to be capitalized.
Additionally, until the truck is actually built it won't return anything....

Otherwise, for the status of the truck, @orlando bull is correct... use RAM Chat or call your dealer.

arwright

Reaction score
4/19/19 - Ordered with Dealer
4/22/19 - VON Issued
4/24/19 - VIN Issued
4/24/19 - D

UPDATE
5/07/19 - D1, Per chat, 5/20 estimated build date.

Daybreak

Reaction score
2500 Limited CCSB 6.7L Delmonico Red
4/10/19 Ordered
4/11/19 received VON
4/15/19 received VIN
4/16/19 D1 status
still D1 status
5/7/19 21 days at D1 status per Ram Chat

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
3/31/19 - Deposit on Order
4/01/19 - Entered into computer
4/02/19 - VIN Issued
4/08/19 - All parts available in queue to be built
4/17/19 - CLAIMED ship date from dealer
4/18/19 - F- Paint status
4/22/19 - Ram Chat said I was still in D1 (?)
4/23/19 - VIN returns an actual vehicle on the Dodge Equipment Listing page!
4/24/19 - Body Vendor per the Dealer
5/1/19 - VIN returns a window sticker on the RAM Window Sticker page!
5/2/19 - Delivered to the Railyard!

UPDATE
5/8/19 - In Texas per dealer... Estimated Delivery 5/15/19 (not really holding my breath on this one)

Now I'm getting antsy... I'm really hoping the payload numbers will be good on this build, I went with less options than the Longhorn I posted over on the payload thread so I'm hoping....

Jackmayhoffer

Reaction score
Vancouver island, british columbia, canada
Yes, mine is a DRW, with aisin and 4.10 gears. Crew Cab long box. Checked today, truck is built now and the equiptment sheet shows up. It says status is JB, which says body vendor (Box liner im guessing),
It has a ship date of today, so should be on a train anytime. the window sticker doesn't work yet, but expect that to anytime. My truck is a fleet order, so window sticker im told may not show up for me at all? either way, starting to move along. Hopefully have it in next 3 weeks or so, long way to ship up here into Canada.
8 Weeks as of now, to be built. will be close to the 12 week mark by the time I get it.

QUOTE="jakalafus, post: 2265, member: 270"]
I am still D and ordered 4/1. Mine is a DRW. Are either of you?
[/QUOTE]

Jackmayhoffer

Reaction score
3/31/19 - Deposit on Order
4/01/19 - Entered into computer
4/02/19 - VIN Issued
4/08/19 - All parts available in queue to be built
4/17/19 - CLAIMED ship date from dealer
4/18/19 - F- Paint status
4/22/19 - Ram Chat said I was still in D1 (?)
4/23/19 - VIN returns an actual vehicle on the Dodge Equipment Listing page!
4/24/19 - Body Vendor per the Dealer
5/1/19 - VIN returns a window sticker on the RAM Window Sticker page!
5/2/19 - Delivered to the Railyard!

UPDATE
5/8/19 - In Texas per dealer... Estimated Delivery 5/15/19 (not really holding my breath on this one)

Now I'm getting antsy... I'm really hoping the payload numbers will be good on this build, I went with less options than the Longhorn I posted over on the payload thread so I'm hoping....

Your timeline is incredible, im almost a month ahead of you ordering, and im just now built. They must have only certain days they r pumping out duallys.
We will all be on here again in 4 or 5 years doing and saying the same **** lol.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Your timeline is incredible, im almost a month ahead of you ordering, and im just now built. They must have only certain days they r pumping out duallys.
We will all be on here again in 4 or 5 years doing and saying the same **** lol.

They probably do sell more SRW than DRW so production is likely geared accordingly.
4-5 yrs? LOL... my last 'new' truck was a 2005 Dakota with a 137K miles that I traded info the 1500 I picked up in October.
Unless something incredibly innovative hits the streets, I'm not getting anything new for a quite some time.

jpaeth

Reaction score
They probably do sell more SRW than DRW so production is likely geared accordingly.
4-5 yrs? LOL... my last 'new' truck was a 2005 Dakota with a 137K miles that I traded info the 1500 I picked up in October.
Unless something incredibly innovative hits the streets, I'm not getting anything new for a quite some time.
Yeah, I'm hoping to not have to mess with this for at least 10 years.. I went with the one ton and Aisin tranny to make sure I have enough truck for anything I could want down the road. And that cummins/Aisin combo should be good for a few hundred thousand miles

jakalafus

Reaction score
Yes, mine is a DRW, with aisin and 4.10 gears. Crew Cab long box. Checked today, truck is built now and the equiptment sheet shows up. It says status is JB, which says body vendor (Box liner im guessing),
It has a ship date of today, so should be on a train anytime. the window sticker doesn't work yet, but expect that to anytime. My truck is a fleet order, so window sticker im told may not show up for me at all? either way, starting to move along. Hopefully have it in next 3 weeks or so, long way to ship up here into Canada.
8 Weeks as of now, to be built. will be close to the 12 week mark by the time I get it.

QUOTE="jakalafus, post: 2265, member: 270"]
I am still D and ordered 4/1. Mine is a DRW. Are either of you?
[/QUOTE]
Nice! I back to D1 and they don't have any kind of date they said. Oh, and call back in a week. Guessing it’s not in a rush even though my dealer said it was a priority build.

Jackmayhoffer

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm hoping to not have to mess with this for at least 10 years.. I went with the one ton and Aisin tranny to make sure I have enough truck for anything I could want down the road. And that cummins/Aisin combo should be good for a few hundred thousand miles

I work with them, tow daily and heavy. My trucks get up over 200k within 5 or so years. if i wasnt working them hard then yes. i could keep them forever. my current truck is a 3500 dually with aisin and ive toased 2 aisins out of er. just a heads up, they are stronger (alot) but still not bulletproof. I wont drive anything else so its a non issue, just budget for a new truck every 5 or so yrs. current one is 6 so done well!

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
3500 Limited Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW w/6'4" box

4/08 - Ordered
4/16 - Status BE - Issue: Towing Technology Group merged into Limited Level 1 Equip Group
4/23 - Status C
4/24 - Status D - VIN# Assigned and Firm Schedule

UPDATE
5/08 - Status D1 - Scheduled to be built. No idea when.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
I'm really hoping the payload numbers will be good on this build, I went with less options than the Longhorn I posted over on the payload thread so I'm hoping....
You’re going to be really good with your gasser on payload because you went as lightweight as possible.

jpaeth

Reaction score
I work with them, tow daily and heavy. My trucks get up over 200k within 5 or so years. if i wasnt working them hard then yes. i could keep them forever. my current truck is a 3500 dually with aisin and ive toased 2 aisins out of er. just a heads up, they are stronger (alot) but still not bulletproof. I wont drive anything else so its a non issue, just budget for a new truck every 5 or so yrs. current one is 6 so done well!
I'm a pretty average 12K Miles/year kinda guy. Around 40% of that is towing my trailer for camping and family road trips to explore new parts of the country. I work my truck, but not super heavy and not everyday. With proper maintenance I hope to be able to avoid major issues for 10 years. I know nothing is without flaw, but I think I'm giving myself the best vehicle to make it long term for what I want to do. I absolutely can't wait to get my toy hauler behind the new truck and go hit the mountains!

D

Deleted member 80

You've toasted two Aisins in stock trucks, with fluid changes per the book??? I have been around the Cummins/Dodge thing for 15+ years, and I correspond with several hotshotters who pull heavy all day, every day, and I have yet to see someone have that kind of luck with an Aisin. Last guy I talked to had almost 400K on an Aisin that was never apart. I'm not questioning your story, just blown away.

Jackmayhoffer

Reaction score
You've toasted two Aisins in stock trucks, with fluid changes per the book??? I have been around the Cummins/Dodge thing for 15+ years, and I correspond with several hotshotters who pull heavy all day, every day, and I have yet to see someone have that kind of luck with an Aisin. Last guy I talked to had almost 400K on an Aisin that was never apart. I'm not questioning your story, just blown away.
Yes, first one went at 90k. im fully deleted, but minor power added. its a dually on 37s so its hard on running gear. the main problem in those trannys in the clutch pack that holds gears 4/5/6, below that its not an issue. apparently a surface area thing. watched a teardown on aisin and that was main complaint (Exactly what ive roasted a few times) also i couldnt find anyone that would touch that trans or build it stronger so ive bought new ones through chrysler without any better parts. there is a kit out now that beefs them up alot, if i have same issues in future ill go that route. Revmax is only kit out as of now. https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...upgrade-kit/&usg=AOvVaw0jUzapVa1KVoJ_eZvhS5Xj

MrMopar

Reaction score
Got a window sticker showing up now. Just checked it, last I checked was on fri and it wasn't there yet. So hoping its either on a train or on one soon! Getting close, can almost smell the new leather!
ill be 11 weeks tues since I ordered
Window Sticker just now showing may mean KZ (ready to ship) unless you ordered extras (bed liner, steps, etc) then it goes to a Vendor Shop then to KZ.
But it will ship soon.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I didn't get a Window Sticker until after it wen to the Vendor shop, so I'm guessing he's in the queue to get shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread