Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead 2022 3500 Help, RAM says they've never seen this issue!

jetrinka

Reaction score
You could see if you could have your truck moved to a better dealership, but more than likely they wont allow it since this one has already started working on it. Been there, done that.
THIS has never made any sense to me. Is it not my vehicle? Can I not have it worked on wherever I want? Its a ludicrous thing these dealers do! Sure glad if one doctor can't figure out my problem I can go select another better one when I have some sort of disease....

You are very right about the new "mechanics" coming out. Ask them if they know how to use a vacuum gauge and they give you a blank stare....

AZOILBURNER

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issues. Sucks that warranty work seems to always take a back burner.

I've gone the lemon law with GM in the past. Each state is different in what they consider a lemon.

Find a good lemon law lawyer and ask questions on what your options are. They will take their cut out of what you get back from the manufacture.

In my case, they depreciated the car from the original price for the mileage it was driven. After everything was said and done, I turned the car into the local dealer, Car got paid off, lawyer got his money, and I wound up with several grand in my pocket.

Sad part was after all the complaining it took for me to even get them to look at the car, and the BS I had to deal with, GM called me trying to get my business back and offering some rebates on a new car. I told them I didn't care if they gave me one for free, I'd burn it to the ground in front of them. They lost a long time customer. I won't buy another GM product.

And here I am now with a RAM.

Good luck with your issues. Seems the true mechanics are a thing of the past. All we have now is mostly button pushers who follow a script and don't watch the screens to see what's happening.
You could see if you could have your truck moved to a better dealership, but more than likely they wont allow it since this one has already started working on it. Been there, done that.
Thanks for the input. We were considering a dealership move as a next step. I may run that to ground before I go full buyback mode.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. We were considering a dealership move as a next step. I may run that to ground before I go full buyback mode.
Yes I'd push for that hard. I've seen numerous people on these forums go through hassles with one dealer, force a move to another only to have it resolved right away. Sometimes all you need is a tech worth his salt and a decent service writer. Service writers SHOULD NOT be paid on commission because of crap like this..... Makes them oversell things they shouldn't and ignore things they should be paying attention to. Just pay them a healthy hourly wage and everyone would be way happier.

AZOILBURNER

Reaction score
So, I spoke with the dealer today and they think the truck needs a Power Distribution Center (P/N: PDC68534755aa), but..... it is on backorder. Anyone have any insight into where I might acquire one so I can speed up the process and avoid more of this dealer's shenanigans? @RamCares

Last edited:

Jay P

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has checked to make sure all the fuses and relays are pushed in all the way. These RAM trucks have been known to come from the factory with fuses not pushed in all the way.

Jay

AZOILBURNER

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has checked to make sure all the fuses and relays are pushed in all the way. These RAM trucks have been known to come from the factory with fuses not pushed in all the way.

Jay
Hi Jay,

Thanks for the insight. Because of the great delivery checklist I found over on the order tracker thread, that was one of the first things I checked on my pre delivery inspection. Every single fuse was barely seated, and found a few that were wobbling in their slot about to disconnect.

jetrinka

Reaction score
So, I spoke with the dealer today and they think the truck needs a Power Distribution Center (P/N: PDC68534755aa), but..... it is on backorder. Anyone have any insight into where I might acquire one so I can speed up the process and avoid more of this dealer's shenanigans?
Seems like more backburner talk to me.....

jetrinka

Reaction score
Honestly I know you said you'd give RamCares some time but I'd be blowing them the heck up. I've seen guys on here really get them involved and then lo and behold backordered parts show up and trucks get fixed.

AZOILBURNER

Reaction score
Honestly I know you said you'd give RamCares some time but I'd be blowing them the heck up. I've seen guys on here really get them involved and then lo and behold backordered parts show up and trucks get fixed.
I received a case number the other day, but have so far not been able to make contact with my case manager. The only response I get is from the person (“Callie”) who monitors the thread. @RamCares

AZOILBURNER

Reaction score
The most pathetic thing is that they “think” they need a PDC they should have done enough testing to know it needs a PDC. They are just part changers
Especially since they’ve had 36 days worth of “testing” afforded to them. I can’t help but shake my head that they think this is ok.

Someone mentioned earlier that these service managers might get paid on commission? It would make sense that they drag these things out and just throw parts at the problem. @RamCares

AZOILBURNER

Reaction score
So, RamCare seems pretty engaged with the issue, but reports that they’re having just as much trouble getting response from the dealer as I am.

I spent about 10mins googling potential issues with the PDC, and came up with half a dozen potential easy fixes (checking relays, lugs, etc) that seem a heck of a lot simpler than replacing (waiting) an entire PDC. Not sure any of this has been addressed by the dealer based on my interactions.

AZOILBURNER

Reaction score
THIS has never made any sense to me. Is it not my vehicle? Can I not have it worked on wherever I want? Its a ludicrous thing these dealers do! Sure glad if one doctor can't figure out my problem I can go select another better one when I have some sort of disease....

You are very right about the new "mechanics" coming out. Ask them if they know how to use a vacuum gauge and they give you a blank stare....
Also got some clarification on this. It is absolutely doable, however there are boxes to check and hoops to jump through on the Ram Care side before they can go full dealer change mode. Personally, I think we're well past proving the dealers inability to deliver. I think the learning point here is to get Ram Care involved right away if you encounter a warranty issue, instead of waiting in good faith like I did. @RamCares

Last edited:

jetrinka

Reaction score
Also got some clarification on this. It is absolutely doable, however there are boxes to check and hoops to jump through on the Ram Care side before they can go full dealer change mode. Personally, I think we're well past proving the dealers inability to deliver. I think the learning point here is to get Ram Care involved right away if you encounter a warranty issue, instead of waiting in good faith like I did. @RamCares

Agree. You're over a month into this. I think its time.

AZOILBURNER

Reaction score
***UPDATE***
Got a call from the dealer today. They decided to replace the starter. By all accounts the truck will be back on the road tomorrow, after 40 days. MTF when I get the itemized MAFs.

Users who are viewing this thread