Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dan's 2023 2500 Tradesman UNLimited

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice build, very functional pickup. It should serve you well.

It would be nice if there were a few more options to add/delete things on all the trims levels, but assembly lines are pretty rigid and they are already slow enough.

Not wanting the wrong options is one reason I went with the Laramie.
-The night edition has no chrome (360° on a tradesman gets you chrome)
-Still able to get seating for 6
-8.4” without Nav (tradesman mandated nav w/ several options that the Laramie didn’t)

But I would have liked vinyl flooring and a manual shift transfer case. At the end of the day pushing a button for 4wd and carpet are better than chrome :cool:

44Dan44

Reaction score
Nice build, very functional pickup. It should serve you well.

It would be nice if there were a few more options to add/delete things on all the trims levels, but assembly lines are pretty rigid and they are already slow enough.

Not wanting the wrong options is one reason I went with the Laramie.
-The night edition has no chrome (360° on a tradesman gets you chrome)
-Still able to get seating for 6
-8.4” without Nav (tradesman mandated nav w/ several options that the Laramie didn’t)

But I would have liked vinyl flooring and a manual shift transfer case. At the end of the day pushing a button for 4wd and carpet are better than chrome :cool:
Thanks,
Took a drive this morning to get my Maryland state inspection done, thankfully it's a one time deal so I can start my Maryland unapproved things. The manual shift transfer case kept throwing me off, I'm used to the dial shifter on the Pacifica but seeing it there made me want grab it:p
Rear back up camera view on the 8.4 is superb, mirrors are very functional, no problems at all, good view all around. I wish the 19-22 guys could upgrade.
Good job Ram, it is a shockingly good ride, pleasantly surprised, makes me happy I went with 2500. No rattles of note (I pulled the loose bolt from upthread :) )
And most importantly....it made me look back with satisfaction.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I feel I'm going to be using the reference images out of you thread a lot. I'd have loved to have had those a while back!

44Dan44

Reaction score
I feel I'm going to be using the reference images out of you thread a lot. I'd have loved to have had those a while back!
Glad to hear! Everybody gets busy enjoying or modifying their trucks and I have a bit of time so I thought it would be helpful. One photo that I spent quite a bit of time looking for but never found was a clean shot of the whole engine compartment, I was trying to calculate lengths of wire I'd be needing for a project and of course used the Ram BodyBuilder dimensions for a general idea but figuring out twists and turns around components and where to secure wire along the routing was not possible. More on that later in the thread. As I get the wheels popped off and the truck up on jack stands and the grille off I'll be documenting more in depth with photos.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Distance to ground at L&R Front wheel well center fender (no variation between sides) 40.5"
Distance to ground at L&R Rear wheel well center fender (no variation between sides) 43"
Distance to ground at front valance 12"
Distance to ground at bottom of tow hitch receiver 22"
These numbers are accurate despite parallax or angle slip view on photos due to depth, I you ever owned an Incra Precision Rule you know what I mean.
IMG_0529.JPGIMG_0531.JPGIMG_0533.JPGIMG_0539.JPGIMG_0541.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread