Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusty's 75th Annv PW #1590 build/mods adventure

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So with 36K on the BFG's, they are done and time for new tired.
Since I'm moving to northern Nevada and going to be in snow and a bunch of trails I've decided to change it up.
Been doing a lot of research and talking to people and decided on a RT or hybrid tire.
So today I ordered some MT Baja Boss ATs in the same 35x12.50R17. Only issue is they are load range D instead of E as they don't have a E tire in this size. But at 3K lbs per tire, I don't think it will be an issue.
Should have them next week and get them mounted. My birthday/Fathers day present to me.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I kept going back and forth between 35's or 37's. But wasn't sure the 37's will work with the stock beadlock rims as far as rubbing goes. and I haven't found any aftermarket rims I like.

tchur1

Reaction score
My brother has the Baja Boss ATs in 37s on his PW and loves them. We live in Lake Tahoe so we see all the same conditions and then soe that you will in the reno area and we both have been really impressed with how they have performed both in winter and off road conditions. Great tire.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, I had seen your reply in the tire thread and that was one of the reasons I started looking at the Baja Boss. ;)

Is he running aftermarket rims on his PW?

I know if I get a different offset rim, I can run them. Just have read several different experiences with running the stock rims and 37's.

I'm going to run the 35's for now. There may be a suspension lift kit in my future. :cool:

I'm up in the Rancho Haven area, at the foothills of the Peterson mountains. That's the view I have from my front porch. Moon Rocks is 17 miles down the road from me. :cool:

house12.jpeg

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Yea, I had seen your reply in the tire thread and that was one of the reasons I started looking at the Baja Boss. ;)

I know if I get a different offset rim, I can run them. Just have read several different experiences with running the stock rims and 37's.

I'm going to run the 35's for now. There may be a suspension lift kit in my future. :cool:

I'm up in the Rancho Haven area, at the foothills of the Peterson mountains. That's the view I have from my front porch. Moon Rocks is 17 miles down the road from me. :cool:

View attachment 57920
Nice and so Jelly!!

tchur1

Reaction score

View attachment 57920
Nice! Glad it was useful info. Hes running AEV Saltas but everything else is stock and we didnt have to trim anything. I believe they are a +27mm offset, not sure what the stock beadlocks are as he sold those the minute he got the truck and put the new shoes on.

Your property looks awesome, a million great places to go play around back there. Enjoy it!

Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Yea, I think a +18 will work. I just don't like the wheels sticking out past the fender flares.

Found out I can hit BLM land about a mile out from the house farther down the dirt road I live on. :cool:

tchur1

Reaction score
Yea, I think a +18 will work. I just don't like the wheels sticking out past the fender flares.

Found out I can hit BLM land about a mile out from the house farther down the dirt road I live on. :cool:
+18 should work really well on the PW. I have +18 method 701 HDs on my truck w/ 37s and stock suspension and had very minor trimming of the fender liner and that was it. I think My wheels on the stock PW would clear 37s without needing any trimming.

BLM 1 mile down the road, tough to beat!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So just drove about 75 miles on the freeway. Speeds up to 85 MPH.
No tire noise. Ran great.
Next will be to try them off road. The snow this winter.

Lord muta

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread