Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusty's 75th Annv PW #1590 build/mods adventure

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Ok, here you go. Not much difference in the pattern. With them farther apart, it looks like it's a little dimmer in the middle. But hard to see it in the pictures. All pictures taken from standing in front of the lisence plate.

Base line pic.
Screenshot_20221031-055832_Gallery.jpg
Lights placed in center of step.
Screenshot_20221031-055853_Gallery.jpg

Lights placed to the outer edge of bumper.
Screenshot_20221031-055914_Gallery.jpg

Reverse lights on mirror.
Screenshot_20221031-055931_Gallery.jpg

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Almost can't hardly tell the difference.

I plan on doing something similar to dieselscout80 and mounting small utility style LED lights in my bumper. I have had issue in the past with my reverse lights in the bumper being too close to the hitch. Makes it almost blinding trying to latch the hitch and plug in lights in the dark.

Just my .02

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So I took the bent bumper off. Then went to remove the receiver hitch. Come to find out, you have to at least lift the bed 3 to 4 inches, or at worst, remove it.
So I took a closer look and the hitch looks fine. Just some minor scratches. So its staying. I'm going to file and sand the damage area and paint it.
Got all the wiring off the old bumper so I can transfer the wiring and parking sensors to the new bumper. Hope to get it all done tomorrow and the new bumper and lights on.
20221104_153821.jpg20221104_161725.jpg

Gossamer

Reaction score
Lights are in, bumper is on. Still need to wire them. Found out the bumper tapers to the sides, so the lights point out a little. I'll find out how bad when I turn them on in the dark.

I forget who it was, but someone like CJC Offroad or SDHQ or ... I don't remember who ... posted a teaser recently that they are producing some bezels that help address that curvature in the bumper for flush-mounted lights.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I think you should have left every other one chrome!

CJC also sells them. They may be longer. Hard to tell. CJC Lug Nuts

FrostedNuts

Reaction score
DId you have to install thick spacers/ washers on the seat mounting bolts (18mm?) I saw a video where this was done, in addition to the cutting of the hooks, and I'm confused as to if it's actually necessary.

Thanks!
Tim
Now for the seat back mod. So I watched a few videos and did like they said and cut just below the plastic piece they said to cut below. But when I put the seat back in, it was a little hard to open or close to latch and was pulling/running on the body hook. I didnt like that.
Took some measurements and all and found that if I cut at a slight angle, measured down 1 1/2" from the inside of the hook, and then filed the edges round some on the inside and outside and enough to clear, I could open/close the back without it rubbing on the hooks or having to push/pull on the seat back. Yes you cut off a little of the plastic.
And it locks in securely with the bottom seat up or down.
View attachment 20337

Users who are viewing this thread