Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crap Firestone Transforce tires

purebred

Reaction score
Stop trolling.
I don't see how my expression of a person saying the tires that Ram produces are not safe and I feel they are safe. To me that is not trolling. Just like the comment from you about my Anderson hitch that thousands have bought. When a person states on here that they think Firestone tires belong in the trash you Agree but when I don't that's trolling?

purebred

Reaction score
Eyroll? What the heck? I have worked and saved my entire life for what I have. The day I picked up my truck it had snowed. And while the streets were plowed, those Firestone tires did not have much grip. I changed to the Continentals based a number of reviews, and I am very happy with them. The other tire I was considering were the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. So, yea it was a matter of safety. The sad thing is that considering how much these trucks cost, Ram puts on such a poor tire.
And that's fine Sir. If you would have worded your original post that way it would have made better sense. The way you worded it was like you immediately threw them in the trash. Which is far different then what you just stated.

purebred

Reaction score
I apologize for my comment and I am out of here. Seems like only certain people can express their selves on here with out trolling.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I apologize for my comment and I am out of here. Seems like only certain people can express their selves on here with out trolling.

Except as I see it, that's not the way it went down.

Man it must be nice to be rich.:)

Then a rolleyes to his comment about being safe.

You didn't get a formal warning, just a polite "stop." Take it for what it's worth, or leave it, I don't really care at this point.

HwRIf4t.png

purebred

Reaction score

You didn't get a formal warning, just a polite "stop." Take it for what it's worth, or leave it, I don't really care at this point.

HwRIf4t.png
I know you don't care and I know people like you with their power trips. You won't have to worry about me anymore, You can pick on others . As far as I am concerned you can stick this forum wherever you see fit. :D

Godzilla

Reaction score
Purebred, a real apology is unconditional. "I'm sorry for being __________, or saying ___________." That's it. It doesn't need to continue; let it go. Stay on the site, it's a wealth of information. Don't be snarky - period. No reason for it at all. If you want to gather your toys and leave, then do it without fanfare, don't run your mouth about it, just leave.

ACEd

Reaction score
People around here (SE La) must be getting their trucks - several sets of OE takeoffs popped up on FB Marketplace in last few days - 3 sets LT275/70R18 Transforce HT at $600 to $800, 1 Transforce AT at $640, 3 sets LT285/60R20 at $700, 800, 1200. (Total 8 sets incl the HTs on for a couple of weeks still not sold at $600.)
But at least we aren't Continental Contitrac TR LT275/70R18 (Ford?) takeoffs at $450.

tsanfilippo

Reaction score
So how did the Coopers AT3's Hold up over the last couple years??? Let us know.
I want a good ride that lasts 40K or more miles.
I replaced mine at 500 miles with Coopers AT3's.
Sold them on Craigslist, and guy who bought them seemed happy when he left.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I had 3 sets within 30k km all warrantied due to issues (first set cracked badly at 5k, second set could not be balanced, 3rd set also had balance issues and cracked badly) i ended up going back to duratracs through the tire warranty there is no way id go with a 4th set

tsanfilippo

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. How many miles do you have on your Duratracs? Are they stock size? Wondering what how many miles one can expect from those.

RichM752

Reaction score
There still good. I rotate every 5000, and play with pressures depending on if I'm towing. Light truck 60/55 psi, towing 5th wheel 70/85 psi
I've noticed when light lower pressures result in smother ride. Only have 14,200 miles on the truck.

tsanfilippo

Reaction score

Brutal_HO: I was curious how your Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 285/65R20 have panned out for you? How many miles did your or Do you think, they will go? Did you like them?
Thanks for the information!

Riddick

Reaction score
I only have 8k miles on mine but they seem to be wearing even so far. My observations for the stock Transforce ATs are (20 in):
- On the highway they ride smooth and are quiet
- I wish they put a bigger sidewall on these, I think the truck will ride better with a taller tire
- If you tow regularly these tires will wear out VERY fast
- These tires are absolutely horrible off road, especially in mud

Overall, I am not really a fan of these tires due to how bad they are off pavement. If the ground is wet you better put the truck in 4WD because these tires provide 0 traction. However, they came on the truck so I will keep them on until they wear out and then I will more than likely throw on a set of 35s.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. How many miles do you have on your Duratracs? Are they stock size? Wondering what how many miles one can expect from those.
Yes they are stock size i usually get 50-60k miles out of my duratracs.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Continental A/T, great warranty, I switch out summer and winter tires so my mileage will be different

Attachments

• 20220407_052349.jpg
    20220407_052349.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 29

Blackpowder

Reaction score
Continental A/T, great warranty, I switch out summer and winter tires so my mileage will be different
Same tire here. 11K so far. They ride well, have good traction (no snow yet), and hardly show any wear at this point. Went old school with white letters out.

Attachments

• 20220327_155123 (1).jpg
    20220327_155123 (1).jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 35

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Same tire here. 11K so far. They ride well, have good traction (no snow yet), and hardly show any wear at this point. Went old school with white letters out.
Mine have been good in snow too, probably the same miles as you, I go snow tires in the winter just for the extra ice traction.

Users who are viewing this thread