Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

MikeXM

Reaction score
Why is A/C discussed here? This thread is already 39 pages long. Keep it to topic please.
A simple forum search on A/C will get you all the threads and information on this subject.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Well @RamCares we are now past the 60 day mark. There have been a few attempts to add you to conversations but there have been no responses. It would be good to know what sort of timeline we are looking at or the final say.
We are sorry to inform you that there are no current updates available for the service solution in progress. At this time, we would be more than willing to extend our support to any serviceable concerns pertaining to your CP4 pump/fuel system. If you find that your vehicle is exhibiting symptoms and is in need of service, do not hesitate to contact us here as we would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf for additional support in addressing and resolving these concerns alongside your dealer. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

UglyViking

Reaction score
We are sorry to inform you that there are no current updates available for the service solution in progress. At this time, we would be more than willing to extend our support to any serviceable concerns pertaining to your CP4 pump/fuel system. If you find that your vehicle is exhibiting symptoms and is in need of service, do not hesitate to contact us here as we would be happy to escalate a case on your behalf for additional support in addressing and resolving these concerns alongside your dealer. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kathryn
Ram Cares
Do you have a rough timeframe for when we should expect to see a service solution?

Carpenterhow

Reaction score

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Kathryn
Ram Cares

How many Ram trucks have been lemon lawed over the cp4 failure taking over a month to repair in California. I think they have a 30 day on the shop limit.

GBB

Reaction score

Kathryn
Ram Cares
In other words..CP4 owners are screwed!

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
No ones screwed. Waiting four months for a replacement gives you ample time to research another truck to buy.. One that is hopefully manufactured by a company that cares about the consumer and doesn't hang them out to dry!
The way this is being handled has me feeling like I'm going to sell the Ram along with my Wrangler. Also, I'm telling my GF NOT to buy the Challenger next month like she had planned. I bet RAMDOESNTCARE about that though.

MikeXM

Reaction score
They came through with a solution for the AC issue, which involves a LOT to fix. Why do you guys think they won't do anything for something as important as the fuel pump?
She said they don't have a date right now, doesn't mean they won't come through. She actually said "for the service solution in progress".
Be patient.

diablo82

Reaction score
They came through with a solution for the AC issue, which involves a LOT to fix. Why do you guys think they won't do anything for something as important as the fuel pump?
She said they don't have a date right now, doesn't mean they won't come through. She actually said "for the service solution in progress".
Be patient.
Totally agreed. The 60 days "deadline" is simply based off the previous AC TSB and why should we expect the same time period for a total different work order?

diablo82

Reaction score

Kathryn
Ram Cares
Thanks for the update!

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Sixty days isn't patient? How about a 120 day wait when it blows? Not patient enough? Not being able to take my truck to the remote places I want to go out of fear that I'll be hiking out? I went through this in '08 with my TJ and it's junk 2yr production run OPDA not being available cuz Chrysler couldn't pay the bills. Ain't gonna do it again. Never again! My Grandfather bought DeSoto, Chrysler, Dodge and Jeeps beginning in the Fifties. Dad had Plymouth, Chrysler and Eagles since the early 60s. I've had Chrysler, Ram/Dodge, and Jeeps. I feel like with over a half Century of support for Mopar from just this one Family it should be handled promptly and without any hassles. But it's not going to be.

Carpenterhow

Reaction score
I'm sure Ram will take care of the design problem in time but how about while we are waiting for a fix Ram assures us they will tow our trucks to the nearest dealer from any public road. I'm afraid to tow my trailer out of town right now and my truck only has 2000 miles on it.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Sixty days isn't patient? How about a 120 day wait when it blows? Not patient enough? Not being able to take my truck to the remote places I want to go out of fear that I'll be hiking out? I went through this in '08 with my TJ and it's junk 2yr production run OPDA not being available cuz Chrysler couldn't pay the bills. Ain't gonna do it again. Never again! My Grandfather bought DeSoto, Chrysler, Dodge and Jeeps beginning in the Fifties. Dad had Plymouth, Chrysler and Eagles since the early 60s. I've had Chrysler, Ram/Dodge, and Jeeps. I feel like with over a half Century of support for Mopar from just this one Family it should be handled promptly and without any hassles. But it's not going to be.

You are making this very personal. RAM is just a company, and not your best buddy. They are not bound to your expectation of a fictive time table.

It sucks and I totally agree as I'm in the same boat as you. Yeah, if they don't fix this mess, it will be my last RAM for sure. It will be the same for many of us. And I know they know it.

We don't know what is going on over there at RAM, but right now we can presume they are working on a solution. Maybe the solution is already in the making and it's a matter of sourcing the proper parts, documenting and all the red tape associated with a TSB. Sometimes the parts to do a fix are not the same parts as what they are installing in the current production.

In the meanwhile, put some LX4 in your tank and don't worry too much.

red

Reaction score
I don't understand why there's so much negative speculation over a service solution that hasn't materialized yet. Look on the bright side, they haven't told us 19-20 owners to pound sand yet.
Until they do, I'll be patient and wait until the service solution is officially announced.

Xflight29

Reaction score
Drive your truck and enjoy it. If you worried about taking it out of town don't be. You have a better chance of wining the lottery than your CP4 taking a ****. I do understand the concern but I take my 2020 / 3500 all over the south west with out any worries at all. I know a number of Ram owners with 2019 that have well over 135 K with not one hick-up. You take a chance every time you step in to any vehicle of something going wrong. I didn't pay 87K for a truck to worries every moment I sit in it.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Be patient.
I agree. I've given FCA a lot of faith that they will take care of us CP4 owners, on this forum and others. I pinged solely based on the time for the previous TSB in hopes we would hear something. I think the not knowing is killing a lot of us hence my request. An important note is that keeping tight lipped is a decision. I'd like to know rough timeline to hear back. I'm personally planning to be one of the first inline so I'd like to know when it's ready.

Drive your truck and enjoy it. If you worried about taking it out of town don't be. You have a better chance of wining the lottery than your CP4 taking a ****. I do understand the concern but I take my 2020 / 3500 all over the south west with out any worries at all. I know a number of Ram owners with 2019 that have well over 135 K with not one hick-up. You take a chance every time you step in to any vehicle of something going wrong. I didn't pay 87K for a truck to worries every moment I sit in it.
I mean statistically that's nowhere near true but I get your point. I think the issue becomes a bigger deal for guys out in the sticks and hours away from help though.

EastCoaster

Reaction score
I don't see a lot of talk about the CP-ISB21 Pump. Was hoping to find some information on it.
Anybody seen any good write-up's?

MtnRider

Reaction score
I don't see a lot of talk about the CP-ISB21 Pump. Was hoping to find some information on it.
Anybody seen any good write-up's?

It appears to be a one off part number from the info I've seen (but who am I to say) and many suspect it is just a CP3 that has been given a different number to protect FCA from repercussions of any kind? (I'm not a lawyer but I am sure there are reasons for them to do something like that).

Users who are viewing this thread