Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

exiledinaz

Reaction score
Mine seems to be the same or a hair better on mileage. Power is awesome like before. They did 2 updates with the new pump and my exhaust brake does not act the same. It used to apply high amount of HP braking when in cruise control and the speed would go 5+ mph over the set speed in full exhaust brake. Now it does not until 10+ mph and even then its weak. Going to have to toy around with it and see whats going on. Other then that, very happy to have the new pump and no worries about it imploding.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I just talked to my Dealer and I can't even get on a waiting list until April. They claimed that the end of the next quarter (April) they will start on the 2019's. Did you have VB6 engine recalibration recall done, rumor has it you can get the pump replaced if VB6 hasn't been performed ? What dealer did the recall?

Allamuchy_Joe

Reaction score
I just talked to my Dealer and I can't even get on a waiting list until April. They claimed that the end of the next quarter (April) they will start on the 2019's. Did you have VB6 engine recalibration recall done, rumor has it you can get the pump replaced if VB6 hasn't been performed ? What dealer did the recall?
Johnson Dodge Jeep Ram in Budd Lake, NJ. I had all the recalls done to my 2019 prior to the pump recall. Perhaps they screwed up and did it when they should not have? IDK, but I have towed and driven it for 3000+ miles since the pump was replaced and the truck runs great.

Last edited:

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Glad to here you got it done. My dealer keeps insisting that FCA s not approving 2019's, it was confirmed by customer service my dealer and the dealer I bought it from, your one of the lucky ones.

g00fy

Reaction score
Johnson Dodge Jeep Ram in Budd Lake, NJ. I had all the recalls done to my 2019 prior to the pump recall. Perhaps they screwed up and did it when they should not have? IDK, but I have towed and driven it for 3000+ miles since the pump was replaced and the truck runs great.
They did both my 2019 2500 & 5500 back when the recall parts first became available.

bigcitymike

Reaction score
Glad to here you got it done. My dealer keeps insisting that FCA s not approving 2019's, it was confirmed by customer service my dealer and the dealer I bought it from, your one of the lucky ones.
Are you stating that Stellantis is saying the 2019's are not in-scope for the recall?

Just drop your VIN in the search over at the NHTSA site, print it out and take it to the dealer.

Last edited:

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Are you stating that Stellantis is saying the 2019's are not in-scope for the recall?

Just drop your VIN in the search over at the NHTSA site, print it out and take it to the dealer.
Nope, but they put the 2019's on hold, It still shows up as a recall. I've had many conversations with my service writer's in Bowling Green Kentucky and Las Vegas Nevada ( where I purchased and had serviced for 2 years) and over the phone with Customer Service. I always get the polite but "no we're not authorized at this time to get the parts", but if it fails, then it gets repaired. Even the tech's are baffled about the holdup, after all it gets more expensive when they fail, and the longer they wait the more miles and chances of failure increase.

Allamuchy_Joe

Reaction score
Nope, but they put the 2019's on hold, It still shows up as a recall. I've had many conversations with my service writer's in Bowling Green Kentucky and Las Vegas Nevada ( where I purchased and had serviced for 2 years) and over the phone with Customer Service. I always get the polite but "no we're not authorized at this time to get the parts", but if it fails, then it gets repaired. Even the tech's are baffled about the holdup, after all it gets more expensive when they fail, and the longer they wait the more miles and chances of failure increase.
I don't know how true this is, but someone on another forum said the reason is the software is different on the 2019 and they are working through the process to get the emissions correct. The software is different between the 2020's the 2019's for some reason.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Whatever the reason is, they are still on hold unless it fails.

zsqure

Reaction score
Had my pump replaced Monday of this week. Dropped the truck off Friday and was given a 1500 Hemi loaner, nice little truck with a little scoot to it. When I got the truck back, the engine bay had what seemed to be power steering oil spilled everywhere. (red) Looked under the hood after my son said it was dripping red oil on the garage floor (up in the front area under the fan/radiator). Cleaned the engine bay with simple green and just a hose, no pressure washer. All clean now and no water intrusion issues. Still drips from something. will watch it and see if it stops, or if the pwr steering fluid drops. I really cant go off on the tech because I did have the truck oil sprayed two weeks before the pump swap.

Nfryan

Reaction score
Anyone noticing a loss of power and/or fuel mileage after the "fix" of going to the cp3.3 pump? I know the cp4 pump is supposed to have a higher pressure which should atomize fuel better to be able to create more power/fuel mileage. Stands to reason the cp3.3 would do less?
No noticeable power change / loss after the pump fix. My fuel economy has been slightly better though by about 1mpg.

exiledinaz

Reaction score
My power/fuel mileage is the same but one big difference is my exhaust brake does not work nearly as well as it did. I used to be able to use my exhaust brake going down hill with cruise on and it would put out LOTS of braking HP. It would usually keep me within 5-6mph of the set MPH on cruise. Now, it free wheels and yesterday cruise set at 60MPH the truck ran up to 77 mph..I had to turn cruise off to get it to slow me down. Tried both full and auto brake. No difference.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
My power/fuel mileage is the same but one big difference is my exhaust brake does not work nearly as well as it did. I used to be able to use my exhaust brake going down hill with cruise on and it would put out LOTS of braking HP. It would usually keep me within 5-6mph of the set MPH on cruise. Now, it free wheels and yesterday cruise set at 60MPH the truck ran up to 77 mph..I had to turn cruise off to get it to slow me down. Tried both full and auto brake. No difference.

I've seen similar reports on other forums, it's very unfortunate.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Well today I made the 30mi voyage home from purchasing dealer with the assistance of my new HPFP. Took a lil longer due to all the other recalls I ignored. No lights, no regens, no leaks or issues. Well the pass side battery cover was off but otherwise all good. Original estimate was 35 weeks when I called on 8/29/22. I wanted to trade it in soo many times cuz of this. I'm glad I held onto it and am really glad that I can finally slap some thuren springs under it!! Yay me!!

Btw. I thank @RamCares because they were our voice in the beginning of all this. I feel like this is a freaking great day for me! If that gets back to some corporate big wig at least they can feel good about doing the right thing.

flan

Reaction score
My exhaust brake is maybe a little better than before the recall. It seems to be a little stronger in low rpm, just before dropping out. Makes a little rumbling sound about 18mph it did not before. Something must be amiss with yours.

Users who are viewing this thread