Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

UglyViking

Reaction score
Injector can stick open from the debris, over fueling a cylinder, or at least that is what I was told anyway. If it’s not true sorry!
100% true. I think there were reports of a few 6.7s that had to be replaced due to some amount of this.

ironmike

Reaction score
Take some pics of it when it gets out of the shop with the new pump please. See….see I stayed on topic ;), i think:p.
So this is the update. Picked up truck Jan 31, 2020 16:30. Spoke to tech that completed CP4 & whole fuel system repair. He stated this pump is the new CP3.3 which is a cast steel rear body. This pump is supposed to be heavier duty than standard CP3 of prior 2019. Stated these CP3.3 are used in the industrial applications of the Cummins motor. It was installed with an adapter and the pump shaft was bigger than prior CP3. Truck seems to run excellent and I do notice a different, less sound while pump is running. The recall is currently still open due to no parts availability claimed from FCA. He stated they ended the interim CP4 repair process before parts were ordered for my repair. So the updated CP3.3 and all parts were sent unknown to him. So he had to utilize the updated repair & install process. Ecm was also updated. A letter will be coming out soon to all recall customers stating parts and procedure are available. All I'll have to do is bring truck back to Tech to have a visual inspection and recall closed. Fingers crossed and hope this lasts!!!!!

Attachments

• image0(4).jpeg
    image0(4).jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 1,915
  • image1(1).jpeg
    image1(1).jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 167
  • image2(1).jpeg
    image2(1).jpeg
    499.2 KB · Views: 164

72guy

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Just curious. Your invoice only shows p.1 of 2. I hope injectors were included in one of those kits or they were shown on p.2?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So this is the update. Picked up truck Jan 31, 2020 16:30. Spoke to tech that completed CP4 & whole fuel system repair. He stated this pump is the new CP3.3 which is a cast steel rear body. This pump is supposed to be heavier duty than standard CP3 of prior 2019. Stated these CP3.3 are used in the industrial applications of the Cummins motor. It was installed with an adapter and the pump shaft was bigger than prior CP3. Truck seems to run excellent and I do notice a different, less sound while pump is running. The recall is currently still open due to no parts availability claimed from FCA. He stated they ended the interim CP4 repair process before parts were ordered for my repair. So the updated CP3.3 and all parts were sent unknown to him. So he had to utilize the updated repair & install process. Ecm was also updated. A letter will be coming out soon to all recall customers stating parts and procedure are available. All I'll have to do is bring truck back to Tech to have a visual inspection and recall closed. Fingers crossed and hope this lasts!!!!!

You need to update your sig line! ;)

ironmike

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Just curious. Your invoice only shows p.1 of 2. I hope injectors were included in one of those kits or they were shown on p.2?
I know, right???? I asked the tech prior to repair and he stated that everything from HPFP to injectors will be replaced & everything between HPFP and tank will be flushed & in tank lift pump replaced. I did not see the detail words for injectors but i believe it is under the parts number kit that was installed. I am planning on hitting up the tech asap to confirm.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

I know, right???? I asked the tech prior to repair and he stated that everything from HPFP to injectors will be replaced & everything between HPFP and tank will be flushed & in tank lift pump replaced. I did not see the detail words for injectors but i believe it is under the parts number kit that was installed. I am planning on hitting up the tech asap to confirm.

There's a single kit PN that includes all the HP replacement components - pump, lines, injectors. I think they list the tank pump and filter kit separately.

ironmike

Reaction score
There's a single kit PN that includes all the HP replacement components - pump, lines, injectors. I think they list the tank pump and filter kit separately.
Yes sir, Thats what my understanding was. Still makes me nervous to think that injectors would be exluded...lol.

KiowaWarrior RAM

Reaction score
Does anyone think the CP4 pump “failing” would cause ruff idle, engine stalling, hesitant after engine preheat and especially after the “so called” DEF clean be an issue? I can’t post the video of the sound but it sounds like fuel starvation. Oh ya 17,000 & has been serviced.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Does anyone think the CP4 pump “failing” would cause ruff idle, engine stalling, hesitant after engine preheat and especially after the “so called” DEF clean be an issue? I can’t post the video of the sound but it sounds like fuel starvation. Oh ya 17,000 & has been serviced.
No it either works or it does not, you may have a Lift pump issue or a clogged fuel filter in my mind

Users who are viewing this thread