Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
phew! Just ordered a 3500 HO from my dealer, and thought they ordered a 2020 but I just confirmed it was a 2021! "Dodged" a bullet!

paulvi

Reaction score
I went to my dealer today, I created the post on Saturday, Only two 2021 in the lot both of them cp3s. I talk with the service manager he do not know anything probably true.
Them I talked with my sales man, he told me I can get you a new-one but, i can't give you a good deal with your 2019 because nobody will bought that truck. That means everybody knows about the freaking fuel injection pump problems. Now what ?

D

Deleted member 80

I went to my dealer today, I created the post on Saturday, Only two 2021 in the lot both of them cp3s. I talk with the service manager he do not know anything probably true.
Them I talked with my sales man, he told me I can get you a new-one but, i can't give you a good deal with your 2019 because nobody will bought that truck. That means everybody knows about the freaking fuel injection pump problems. Now what ?
Sit tight. They are trying to take advantage of your anxiety.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
My favorite part is now the CP4 was only used for two years. They can $rob$ you more in a few years if it pops. When I perfect my time machine I'm going with the Power Wagon.

jake2544

Reaction score
This makes me sick to my stomach knowing that I traded my 17 CP3 in on a 20 CP4 with a price tag of nearly $78,000. I was hoping the failure rate was less than rumored on the forums, but now I think it was potentially higher since they went back to the CP3 for 21. Hopeful there is a TSB or recall and FCA takes care of those that have a 19 / 20 Ram that will be worthless in a couple years.

WXman

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm late to the game. So for 2021, the SO and HO engines both are getting CP3 injection pumps, is that correct?

This is HUGE news and may sway me back to diesel when my lease is up and I go to a 3500 truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to ask once, politely, that any complaints or rants about the CP4 be messaged in one of the other three or four threads along those same lines.

PLEASE stick to the technical, TSB, and/or recall aspects of this issue. Please.

I might not even move the posts, I might just delete them.

I hope you all understand, these CP4 posts are just getting out of hand and polluting too many threads.

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
run it until your warranty is about to expire, and then pickup a new 2021 or 2022! I wouldn't worry about it if your warranty is in tact!

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
This makes me sick to my stomach knowing that I traded my 17 CP3 in on a 20 CP4 with a price tag of nearly $78,000. I was hoping the failure rate was less than rumored on the forums, but now I think it was potentially higher since they went back to the CP3 for 21. Hopeful there is a TSB or recall and FCA takes care of those that have a 19 / 20 Ram that will be worthless in a couple years.
run it until your warranty is about to expire, and then pickup a new 2021 or 2022! I wouldn't worry about it if your warranty is in tact!

99ls1tj

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Traded a '14 and wish I had it back.

tjsadler

Reaction score
Definitely following this thread with interest. I've had zero problems but if they end up doing a recall or something I'd happily switch it out.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Glad they came to their senses for new builds. I am hoping for a recall. Or at least a replacement CP3 if I am an unlucky one and mine goes out.

Xflight29

Reaction score
My relatively small town dealer has 3 sitting in the shop right now with failed CP4's. One with less than 4k miles. It's difficult to not worry.
Keep in mind that between Ford, GMC and Ram it is a 5% +/- fail rate out of million's of trucks. just keep you tank with fuel in it and try not to go below a 1/8 of a tank

BAT3500

Reaction score
Does this change apply to the ecodiesel's too?
I am batting 0 for 1 on those critters but might try a one again if they replace that pos cp4.

red

Reaction score
For those inclined, maybe there'll be good deals to be had on new 2020's.....

diablo82

Reaction score
A recall would be nice. If not then I'll drive it until my extended warranty over and shift to cp3 or whatever come out best for the truck then.

Users who are viewing this thread