Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

JJC72

Reaction score
Hello everyone, we would like to relay the latest update to you here regarding your concerns with the CP4 pump. There is currently a service solution in progress for all 2019- 2020MY vehicles equipped with CP4 high pressure pump. Further updates will be announced here as soon as more information becomes available. In the meantime, please know that our team remains available to assist in resolving serviceable vehicle concerns via private messages. Thank you,

Kathryn
RamCares
Kathryn; thank you for the information. I just purchased a new RAM 2500 build date 10/20, and have been reading all this bad news about this pump. Is there anything I can do to prevent being the next thread? Please keep me posted on RAM's solution via email if you can? Thanks again

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Hello everyone, we would like to relay the latest update to you here regarding your concerns with the CP4 pump. There is currently a service solution in progress for all 2019- 2020MY vehicles equipped with CP4 high pressure pump. Further updates will be announced here as soon as more information becomes available. In the meantime, please know that our team remains available to assist in resolving serviceable vehicle concerns via private messages. Thank you,

Kathryn
RamCares

Thank you for publicly addressing our concerns. This is a big step.

To the others:

Not sure what this entails with regards to whether we get a TSB/Recall to update Asyms to Syms, a CP3.x, or just a TSB stating they are aware of a problem and will wait for it to fail and cover it, or even extended coverage concerning this issue. However, a response and acknowledgement is very welcome. As stated once before, be ready to scream it from the rooftops if FCA comes through and takes care of us. That will go a long way in solidifying this brand over the others and the reasons to keep purchasing products.

diode_ee

Reaction score
Wow, gotta say it impressed me that there was a response directly from the manufacturer on this forum. Pretty reassuring considering I placed an order for a 2021 in October for my first FCA product.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2020HOBigBooty

Reaction score

Kathryn
RamCares
Good to hear that you guys are working on something. Thank you!

rsday75

Reaction score
Thank you for publicly addressing our concerns. This is a big step.

To the others:

Not sure what this entails with regards to whether we get a TSB/Recall to update Asyms to Syms, a CP3.x, or just a TSB stating they are aware of a problem and will wait for it to fail and cover it, or even extended coverage concerning this issue. However, a response and acknowledgement is very welcome. As stated once before, be ready to scream it from the rooftops if FCA comes through and takes care of us. That will go a long way in solidifying this brand over the others and the reasons to keep purchasing products.
I agree 100%. Not sure what this fully means, but public acknowledgement on the forum is a huge step in the right direction.
And yes, if they are replaced with a CP3, we have to be VERY vocal to anyone & everyone that FCA is listening to customers, stands behind their product, and is there for customers after the sale.

Cseybert

Reaction score
I just had someone tell me they called FCA and was told if the CP4 pump fails outside of the 36k/3year warranty for bumper to bumper it is not warrantied if they don’t deny the claim in the first case for “CoNtAmInAtEd FuEl” or whatever they come up with is this true can anyone confirm it seems to make sense since it isn’t part of the engine aspect of thing but then again I’m a first time buyer anyone have any advice
Injection pump and injectors are covered for five years or 100,000 miles. Read the warranty.

Cummins3

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Not sure what this fully means, but public acknowledgement on the forum is a huge step in the right direction.
And yes, if they are replaced with a CP3, we have to be VERY vocal to anyone & everyone that FCA is listening to customers, stands behind their product, and is there for customers after the sale.
Absolutely 100% let's see

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Thank you for this news!

Kathryn
RamCares
Thank you for this news Kathryn.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Kathryn
RamCares

If you go over to the TSB section, there is a TSB #70327 Dated Nov 25, 2020. Warranty Bulletin D-19-02 Fast Feedback Program - 6.7L Cummins Engine - 2019 & 2020 HD Ram & Fuel Injection Pump - All Models (Rev. F)

When you click on it this pops up, Sorry, the NHTSA has not posted this TSB document yet. You can still get the detailed info from Ram for this TSB. Call your local Ram dealer's service department & ask for a copy of TSB# 70327.

Does anyone have access to this TSB? And I don't know if this entails the CP4 or not.

Also Thank you for this news Kathryn@RamCares.

Chunkem

Reaction score

Kathryn
RamCares
Just wanted to say thank you Kathryn,

I ordered a 20 Limited Mega Cab 09/20 and also have some serious concerns about the pump. Looking forward to the next update.

Take care and stay safe,

Ed

D

Deleted member 80

Kathryn
RamCares

That is music to my ears, thank you!

RPS1030

Reaction score

If you go over to the TSB section, there is a TSB #70327 Dated Nov 25, 2020. Warranty Bulletin D-19-02 Fast Feedback Program - 6.7L Cummins Engine - 2019 & 2020 HD Ram & Fuel Injection Pump - All Models (Rev. F)

When you click on it this pops up, Sorry, the NHTSA has not posted this TSB document yet. You can still get the detailed info from Ram for this TSB. Call your local Ram dealer's service department & ask for a copy of TSB# 70327.

Does anyone have access to this TSB? And I don't know if this entails the CP4 or not.

Also Thank you for this news Kathryn@RamCares.

Probably not much there. Rev B of D-19-02 is still visible at https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/3500/2019/tsbs/tsb-d-19-02-rev-b.shtml

Basically during a time window, there are parts restrictions and Star has to be called to get direction and authorization to proceed.

D

Deleted member 80

Will FCA have to install the "Upgraded Aisin" as well?
I know what the marketing dept said. They said the exact same thing, virtually word for word when the 2019 rolled out. My bet is 75 Ft/Lbs did not require this earth shattering "upgrade" being marketed.

On Edit:
Just to clarify, I did have a smiley at the end of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

kobra

Reaction score
I know what the marketing dept said. They said the exact same thing, virtually word for word when the 2019 rolled out. My bet is 75 Ft/Lbs did not require this earth shattering upgrade being marketed.
LOL prolly has an upgraded high strength steel frame too; oh wait was that in 2013? Or 2019? I'm losing track of how many high strength steel frame upgrades we've had so far ;)

B

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I know what the marketing dept said. They said the exact same thing, virtually word for word when the 2019 rolled out. My bet is 75 Ft/Lbs did not require this earth shattering "upgrade" being marketed.

Well if TFL gets ahold of any of that, it will really become a mess. Just look at all the arguments about SO vs HO when they first rolled out the 2019's.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Thank You Kathryn @ RamCares
My first car @ 16 was a '65 Chrysler that my Grandfather bought new. I currently own a Wrangler JK along with my '19 Ram CTD. The '19 Ram is my tenth Mopar in 31 years on the road! I'm happy to see some acknowledgement and hopeful our relationship continues for many years to come!

Users who are viewing this thread