Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

Cseybert

Reaction score
Received my recall letter today. Nothing new to add. They’re still working on a fix will be notified in another letter when available.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm here in Parker, close to you. Which dealership are you thinking of having install the pump upgrade when available?
Thanks mucho!

I have a pretty good relationship with the Service Manager at AN Arapahoe. Bought the truck from them too.

IOW, If I get any grief from the Service Writer, I just go straight to Brenton. I already emailed him early when the notice came out, but they didn't have any more info than we all did. It's still a "no parts" issue for the moment.

And I'm "in Parker" but not part of the town.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Is that Parker AZ, not many dealers near Parker AZ, only Havasu has a dealer?

RTillery

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not actually "in" Parker. I live down south in the Pinery. AN has done my recalls so far, even though I bought the truck out of state. I'm pretty sure that's where I'll go to get the fuel pump done when it is time. Thanks for the info.

Hilly1

Reaction score
Got my recall letter yesterday too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 51

Cottondoc

Reaction score
Probably already answered somewhere else, but do the 2022 trucks, particularly the HO trucks, still have the CP3 that’s in the 2021s? Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVTRKN

Reaction score
You would think they already have the new kit, for when they fail now, they should install the newest updated pump kit.

BTW, I received my recall notice.

ironmike

Reaction score
I have seen in other posts guys stating that they got their trucks back from dealer after CP4 failure repair. They show pics and state they got the CP3.2 replacement pump update. Is this accurate? I called my case manager and service writer where my truck is waiting for repair, they both stated this is impossible due to there are no parts or procedure for recall, only warranty interim repairs with old CP4. What gives???

UglyViking

Reaction score
I have seen in other posts guys stating that they got their trucks back from dealer after CP4 failure repair. They show pics and state they got the CP3.2 replacement pump update. Is this accurate? I called my case manager and service writer where my truck is waiting for repair, they both stated this is impossible due to there are no parts or procedure for recall, only warranty interim repairs with old CP4. What gives???
Not the most important part here but it's not a CP3.2, it's just a CP3 or if you want to be super model specific it's a CP-ISB21. I mention this only so it's easier to communicate with dealers/warranty.

As of parts availability. Several owners have posted online with CP3 replacement pumps. It may be a location based thing, I've not been tracking closely. You could file a case direct with FCA, or reach out to them directly, to see if they are able to help speed the process up. There is a procedure for the recall, I'm just not sure if they have shared it with every dealer yet. That said, I'm assuming if one knows, they all can pull it up.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Not the most important part here but it's not a CP3.2, it's just a CP3 or if you want to be super model specific it's a CP-ISB21. I mention this only so it's easier to communicate with dealers/warranty.

As of parts availability. Several owners have posted online with CP3 replacement pumps. It may be a location based thing, I've not been tracking closely. You could file a case direct with FCA, or reach out to them directly, to see if they are able to help speed the process up. There is a procedure for the recall, I'm just not sure if they have shared it with every dealer yet. That said, I'm assuming if one knows, they all can pull it up.
The replacement is a cp3.3 actually according to a leak of info

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Burton12387

Reaction score
Sooooooo the way I read this. If you have a 2019/2020 truck, the only way you’re getting this new cp3 is only if: your fuel system throws a code, your pump fails, or if they find metal shavings on the pump inlet filter screen. Otherwise, congrats, you’re keeping your CP4. Disappointing.

Hope I’m wrong, or I’ll be unloading this truck before it’s out of warranty. I’m not risking footing the bill for repair later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread