Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooling Seat Not as good?

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Anyone have a problem with there cooling seats? Seems like mine barely work at all. My brother had a 4th gen with the cooled seats and they worked Way way better. Even on high I dont barely any cooling

Zrojas

Reaction score
Since they are just vented seats and pull from cabin air, I think that the lacking A/C may contribute to them not working very well. I can feel the air, but it's not always very cool.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Mine seem to do a Good Job on High Setting and just Ok on Medium but on Low, I really don't notice much of anything ..

Which fan speed are you all having problems with ?

crzysnake137

Reaction score
All 3 speeds, I feel a tiny bit of air on high and that’s about it. My brother has a fourth gen and on high it feels like a leaf blower

volcomrr

Reaction score
All 3 speeds, I feel a tiny bit of air on high and that’s about it. My brother has a fourth gen and on high it feels like a leaf blower

I'd have to agree; same with mine. I have to run it on the high setting just to be able to feel it.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I never not run mine on high... breeze could be a smidge stronger but you can certainly feel the difference when the AC is actually cooling.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I only use mine on high and it works great, can actually feel cold air on my @$$ and blowing up the back ouf my shirt. Now I will admit, it does seam to give itself a break occasionally, I'm assuming to prevent overheating of the fan, kind of like heated sest on high

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
I've just tried mine on medium and haven't really noticed much. I'll give "high" a whirl and see.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I was stoked about this option but so far I've found it pretty lackluster. AC needs to be blowing hard for it to do anything it seems.

Omar RVA

Reaction score
I was stoked about this option but so far I've found it pretty lackluster. AC needs to be blowing hard for it to do anything it seems.

This. I found it works best when the AC is actually performing well (which is under like 85 degrees ambient temp). When working right it feels like you sat in a cold puddle which is a bit unsettling but at least it's cold like it's supposed to be when the leather's been baking in the sun. I bet if FCA ever resolves the AC issue (@RamCares - I hope y'all note it's not just the diesels with this problem) the vented seats will work way better.

OA

skaiskaiskai

Reaction score

Same here. I only run it on high setting, and after about 10 minutes of runtime I feel only minor changes in the temp in that area. I'm not sure if it's my body adjusting to the temp but it seems to almost go away after that initial 10 min run. It sure does make some noise too. I almost didn't buy my truck as both me and my wife were scrounging around trying to figure out what the static radio station noise was coming from. I had turned everything in the truck pretty much and finally realized it was the vented seats' air or fan noise.

Phil T

Reaction score
We really like our vented seats. They work really great. Maybe you have a restriction somewhere keeping the air flow from escaping.

Users who are viewing this thread