Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cquilichini

Reaction score
I reached out to Suma. Response was that they are still testing. I'm on the e-mail list for when they become available but I have no estimate for when that will be.
they are actively testing!!! ;)

Andersen24

Reaction score
OK how long do they need to test?????????? I'm pretty patient but sheesh, this delay is starting to feel like we purchased this from a kickstarter campaign or something, haha!

snayte

Reaction score
OK how long do they need to test?????????? I'm pretty patient but sheesh, this delay is starting to feel like we purchased this from a kickstarter campaign or something, haha!
Yeah, I ordered 10 months ago and they have charged my card.

Hayabrusa

Reaction score
I just received a Email from Suma Performance that the Ram Mirrors are Back in stock. Has anyone received there Mirrors yet ?

Andersen24

Reaction score
I just received a Email from Suma Performance that the Ram Mirrors are Back in stock. Has anyone received there Mirrors yet ?
On their site it shows all of them with a 6-8 week delivery, other than the blue‘d ones. Those are still showing out of stock.

mike12193

Reaction score
I got a email and just ordered a set, BSM and Defroster

Here is the link from the email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poolmonkey

Reaction score

Nope..but just sent an email and Gina got back almost instantly.
“order has BSM, the factory needs more time….won’t be long. “

Last edited:

ram2500mega

Reaction score
pre-order on 06/06/23 expecting 6-8wks deliver, but its came early 6/16/23. Put it on last night I can see the whole world behind now...loving it. Maybe I got the preproduction or so cause the heater posts at the wrong place, have to extended the wire about 4" even with the extension they included. Price a little too high....

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
UPS just dropped off my Blue Heated w/o BSM Mirror Glass. I'm super excited to have these suckers swapped out after work today and to be done with the extra spot mirrors to make them usable without being in moose mode.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Yea 1000% better when not in moose mode, however, I discovered two things.
1 - the build quality is eh, I was able to get them snapped in and there's no vibrations or anything, but the fit and finish on the mounting could be better. That said the result is still totally worth it and I also can't wait to see how they do do in moose mode when I take the family out camping over the long holiday weekend coming up. IMO one can never have too much visibility.
2 - I should've ordered them with BSM ... My truck was a rona build that ended up without BSM, however, taking off the factory glass I had the indicator there wired up. That leads me to believe my truck should already be wired for it so if I ever get the itch to swap my tailights and donate my non BSM LED tails to the Lonestar in the fleet I just need to enable BSM via AlfaOBD. For now the connector is safely taped up and out of the way inside the mirror for future use.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
So are the upgraded mirror glass withOUT blindspot monitoring available to order today?

If so what is the website?

snayte

Reaction score
So are the upgraded mirror glass withOUT blindspot monitoring available to order today?

If so what is the website?
Here I think, this was posted up the thread a bit.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Here I think, this was posted up the thread a bit.
That link says 6 to 8 weeks before available for the NON BSM version.

Last edited:

snayte

Reaction score
Was reminded yesterday how unsafe this flat mirror is. I lost a SUV in a blind spot I know would not be there with the large mirror being convex. Sure I could see it in the tiny convex mirror but then why even have the large mirror?
Cannot wait to get my replacement.

Icky

Reaction score
Yea 1000% better when not in moose mode, however, I discovered two things.
1 - the build quality is eh, I was able to get them snapped in and there's no vibrations or anything, but the fit and finish on the mounting could be better. That said the result is still totally worth it and I also can't wait to see how they do do in moose mode when I take the family out camping over the long holiday weekend coming up. IMO one can never have too much visibility.
2 - I should've ordered them with BSM ... My truck was a rona build that ended up without BSM, however, taking off the factory glass I had the indicator there wired up. That leads me to believe my truck should already be wired for it so if I ever get the itch to swap my tailights and donate my non BSM LED tails to the Lonestar in the fleet I just need to enable BSM via AlfaOBD. For now the connector is safely taped up and out of the way inside the mirror for future use.
How did they work out towing?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
How did they work out towing?
For towing something longer I kinda miss the flat glass when in moose mode, but since I'm mostly empty it's an ok trade off. Going down the road the visibility is great, but I'd say the biggest annoyance is lining things up when backing into a tight spot. You eventually figure it out getting used to the convex glass though. Since everything is smaller due to the convex glass it can also be a lot of squinting to see hand gestures or you just resort to yelling out the window lol. All in all the mirrors are still worth it for the cost.

That said if I didn't have the bells and whistles on this truck I'd have already gotten a set of boost auto parts GM style mirrors like I had on the 4th gen. I still miss them compared to the moose antlers and no matter how many Ram's I drive/have driven with them I'll always prefer Ford/GM mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread