Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting 5” to 8.4 uconnect 5, can’t access media hub to connect black and gray plugs

Cscott925

Reaction score
I have everything else connected but the original usb doesn’t connect to the uconnect5 port, so I have the conversion cable shown in the pic with the brown plug on one end and black and gray on the other. I can seem to find a way to access the back of the media hub which apparently is where the black and gray plug in to. Also, wondering even though the media hub isn’t plugged in why Apple car play won’t work via Bluetooth since it’s supposed to be able to with uconnect5? Thanks!

IMG_8670.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8669.jpeg
    IMG_8669.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8668.jpeg
    IMG_8668.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 14

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Can you get it from behind on the accelerator pedal side, or, pull the trim around the shifter knob and remove the shift knob.
BTW, only the gray connector leg of that USB cable gets plugged into the the back of the media hub. The black connector leg would plug into the telematics box, which you are not installing.
CarPlay should definitely be connecting wirelessly without the media hub connected though.

Users who are viewing this thread