Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connector / Cable / Wire Identification Thread

dantex

Reaction score
I searched, but didn't find a unified thread for identifying connectors in the vehicle, and I have a couple I need help determining.
If there's a better place/thread to post this in, please let me know and this one can be deleted in favor of a unified thread. @Brutal_HO

I have a 2022 2500 Tradesman 4x4 Off-road with 6.4 Hemi and Snow-Plow Prep. I was looking for the cabin temp sensor connector, as noted in https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/can-you-add-auto-climate-control.8040/post-229851, which I didn't find. Though I may have been looking in the wrong place on closer examination of the first photo.

However, I did find 4 other connectors that it would be great to know what they are. They are between the steering column and the UConnect/Temperature controls, above the gas pedal.
@Jimmy07 would you be able to help me identify these connectors and their purpose? I can get bigger and maybe better pictures if needed.

PXL_20230430_181744661.jpgPXL_20230430_181733429.jpgPXL_20230531_191729425.jpg

Red Rider

Reaction score
I think those are for the factory trailer brake controller control box. Of course…..I’ve been wrong before!

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I searched, but didn't find a unified thread for identifying connectors in the vehicle, and I have a couple I need help determining.
If there's a better place/thread to post this in, please let me know and this one can be deleted in favor of a unified thread. @Brutal_HO

I have a 2022 2500 Tradesman 4x4 Off-road with 6.4 Hemi and Snow-Plow Prep. I was looking for the cabin temp sensor connector, as noted in https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/can-you-add-auto-climate-control.8040/post-229851, which I didn't find. Though I may have been looking in the wrong place on closer examination of the first photo.

However, I did find 4 other connectors that it would be great to know what they are. They are between the steering column and the UConnect/Temperature controls, above the gas pedal.
@Jimmy07 would you be able to help me identify these connectors and their purpose? I can get bigger and maybe better pictures if needed.

View attachment 57651View attachment 57653View attachment 57652
First pic with the yellow tape- VSIM accessories access connector. If you have the vsim, the mating connector with bundle of accessory wires are in the supplied bag. The other end of this connector is the blue connector plugged into the VSIM.

Second pic with the two green wires- connector for adjustable pedals motor.

Third pic with the two black connectors- those are for the trailers gateway for trailer surround view.

dantex

Reaction score
First pic with the yellow tape- VSIM accessories access connector. If you have the vsim, the mating connector with bundle of accessory wires are in the supplied bag. The other end of this connector is the blue connector plugged into the VSIM.

Second pic with the two green wires- connector for adjustable pedals motor.

Third pic with the two black connectors- those are for the trailers gateway for trailer surround view.
Thanks @Jimmy07

Users who are viewing this thread