Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concerns with the DPF gauge not registering or moving

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I believe so. Or I perhaps missed the regen message while on the MPG screen.
You would see the mpg really bad when its regening though lol mine will do it at around 4000km typically

Jackb60

Reaction score
I believe so. Or I perhaps missed the regen message while on the MPG screen.
I do use a fuel additive with every fill up so maybe that helps limit the regents idk but it seems strange.

QCHunter

Reaction score
I’ve been watching my DPF gauge to see if it moves also, have yet to see it move in 1600 miles. I have caught it in a Active regen twice since Ive owned it. You will notice different exhaust smell while it’s in regen, can’t miss that.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I’ve been watching my DPF gauge to see if it moves also, have yet to see it move in 1600 miles. I have caught it in a Active regen twice since Ive owned it. You will notice different exhaust smell while it’s in regen, can’t miss that.
Nothing like the smell of wiz on a hot exhaust! LOL!

Rob122

Reaction score
Mine will get up to about halfway if I drive a lot of short trips and then it regens. I just go drive around until it's done. If I'm local I use the gear limiter to keep It around 1500 rpm. It seems more frequent in the winter, im guessing due to colder exhaust temps and a lot of warm up time. If I'm on the highway it'll actually go down if i drive long enough, towing or not. If I tow it never goes up. I did about 325 miles today. I started at about 30% full and it was 0 when I got home. No trailer. Mostly thruway driving around 75mph.

Rob122

Reaction score
Agree on this. Mileage goes way down for the 20 mins or so it's active.

jkempken

Reaction score
I have noticed the harder you work it the less the DPF gauge will fill. One trip the DPF started at about 35-40% , went on a 300 mile highway trip at about 80MPH and within about 150 miles the gage was empty. On the way home she went into an active regen where the screen came up stating so. I believe the truck does a Passive regen when the conditions are right which reduces the DPF % and then always does a forced active regen if it needs it or not at some interval.

Reaction score
Im about to go to the dealer for a service def system message if they dont fix it promptly ill be doing the same!
After only owning mine for 4 months, I visited two dealerships multiple times for noisy clockspring, the infamous belt/pulley chirp, P0299 underboost code, along with the truck going through def faster than diesel. I finally threw in the towel and took care of it myself. I now have one huge regret... I should’ve done it sooner!

sstoner911

Reaction score
Mine has never been above 20% as far as I know- then the next time I looked it was at zero. One and only time I ever looked at it and that was really only scrolling to another setting.

I cant think of any reason to look at it.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Mine shows full all the time and the tank isn’t even there anymore...
errr,,,, DEF or DPF? I guess both could be gone if your deleted haha

On my 2017 the tune from PPEI did not address the DEF gauge and it showed ZERO all the time. I was kind of OCD about it so they sent me an updated tune to show it was full.

Users who are viewing this thread