Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer has technician locked out

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Is that a reason, yes. Perfect reason, no. For it to be a perfect reason, you'd first need to know that that was actually the cause of the problem, which I've not seen any evidence of other than the dealer's assertion and it's the first I've heard of something like this despite many people using AlfOBD. Second, there would have to be no benefit to making the modification. Basically a position where you have something to lose and nothing to gain would be a perfect reason not to do it. That ain't the case with using AlfaOBD.
I would generally agree, but there wasd a post last year of someone that bricked their BCM. AFAIK, the dealer was able to reflash it but he did need it towed.

Sent from my work avoidance device

Pronto

Reaction score
Ok, that should have been a separate point. I was just trying to point out that this was just a typical risk/benefit analysis where the the risk wasn't 100% and the benefit wasn't 0.

BeachRam

Reaction score
Well the rest of of story is... 3 hours of shop time and every module being reflashed. 22 pages of system faults and a threat of voiding my warranty if I play with the body computer again. I agree with the potential of an incompetent tech but I won't be risking it again.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread