Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center cluster locking up

z06psi

Reaction score
I have the new digital dash and it locks up where I cannot use it.

Cruise control still works and the infotainment buttons still work but changing menus in the cluster is locked up.

I have to disconnect both batteries to get it working again.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I have never had mine lock up. I would take it to the dealer the next time it happens.

Lerker

Reaction score
I haven't had it lock up on me, but I've only owned it for ~1300 miles.

I will note that, generally, I'm super enthused with the digital dash, but it does have some annoying programming:
*Can't permanently display the gear I'm in while others can.
*No trans temp in the tiles
*No notification that regen is in process. (Have to watch to the dpf gauge and instant fuel economy to know.)

Anyone notice any other 'quirks'?

phatboy64

Reaction score
The only quirk I had was not being able to display the tire pressure in any of the tiles but that was easily fixed with a setting change using AlphaODB

There is one thing I am sorting out but I don’t think it is a display thing. When I enabled the gear indicator feature using JScan I can no longer display A and B Trip stats in any of the tiles. I can use the buttons on the steering wheel to get to them but I can no longer have it displayed by default on any of the tiles. It was fine befor the change… strange.

Lerker

Reaction score
Super weird. BIG QUESTION: can you see your trans temp in the tiles?

I can check if I can see my trip stats in my tiles, if it helps? But I can't see my gears, and haven't done anything about it.

z06psi

Reaction score
When it locks up I can see the towing gauges (trans temp) in the center stack but there is no reading on them.

Super frustrating because it always happens when I am towing and I need to see that stuff.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
When it locks up I can see the towing gauges (trans temp) in the center stack but there is no reading on them.

Super frustrating because it always happens when I am towing and I need to see that stuff.
You’re using the terms digital dash, center cluster, infotainment buttons, and center stack all while talking about it. Which one are you having an issue with- the digital cluster, which is the speedometer in the dash in front of the steering wheel, or the radio screen, which is the display in the center stack of the dash between the driver and passenger seats?

z06psi

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion.

Digital Instrument cluster is locking up.

When that locks up I also lose actual reading in the tow page of the radio screen.

They both work after a complete power pull from both batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread