Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car wash

Bearman95

Reaction score
Hey guys, I went from a 2020 1500 Laramie to a 2021 2500 Longhorn A couple of months ago. I usually wash my vehicles myself But I was just wondering if this new truck 2500 would fit in a car wash or is it too high. My Laramie fit just fine the two or three times that I used a automatic car wash. Just wondering if anyone else uses an automatic car wash regularly and has had any problems.with their 2500 fitting in a car wash or is it too high.. 2021 2500 Longhorn 6.4 bed crew cab Cummings motor. Thanks in advance for your response!

Attachments

• B8556240-3AEE-4132-AA3C-3F43E7A0A709.jpeg
    B8556240-3AEE-4132-AA3C-3F43E7A0A709.jpeg
    842.3 KB · Views: 46

Pronto

Reaction score
Depends on the car wash. They usually have a clearance bar with the max height listed on it. The one I use has a max clearance of 74" which is plenty for my truck. I just fold my mirrors in and I'm good to go. The only time I manually wash is when I have a thick coat of mud that needs to come off first.

Whitewolf

Reaction score
I never had a problem with height, but I did have a problem once with width. I was goin thru a touchless in my '14 and the and the arm smucked the passenger mirror and took out the blinker.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Had to fold in the mirrors and take the rack and towers off the cap to fit...

John Jensen

Reaction score
The highest point on my 2020 3500 CC HO 4x4 is the rack on my Leer shell @ 72"
The local car washes are 74" so I clear. I have to watch what lane I get in, Some turn sharp into the washer and I have to go over curbs to make it. At another nearby car wash all the lanes are narrow with sharp turns. I cannot use that car wash.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Oops, I wrote 72" when I meant 7' 2" and I think that cascaded through this thread.
We all thought you slammed it to the ground and joined a mini truckers group as their leader

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I am too scared of damage to take my truck through one of those car washes. If I damage it I want it to be on the trail!
my Caddy went through the wash all the time. I had an unlimited membership for under $20 a month, so in the winter it would sometimes be through the wash 2-3 times a day if I was in the area. It was silver though, so it didnt show how bad I'm sure the paint is. My Delmonico Red truck will never go through that type of wash.

mcarey

Reaction score
Last time I went through a car wash, I was in my 4Runner, and the jackass in front of me decided to stand on the brakes in the middle of the wash. Caused a 4 car pile up, inside the machine.

We snaked out like the Human centipede. I only received minimal damage to my front bumper, which the car wash cut me a check to replace. The guy behind me was in a Honda, and my hitch punctured his radiator.

As you can imagine, the guy who started the whole mess bolted while the rest of us stopped.

Wasn't a huge problem, for me, at the end of the day; especially with the check I got. But I've since written off auto car washes since.

irontmp

Reaction score
Last time I went through a car wash, I was in my 4Runner, and the jackass in front of me decided to stand on the brakes in the middle of the wash. Caused a 4 car pile up, inside the machine.

We snaked out like the Human centipede. I only received minimal damage to my front bumper, which the car wash cut me a check to replace. The guy behind me was in a Honda, and my hitch punctured his radiator.

As you can imagine, the guy who started the whole mess bolted while the rest of us stopped.

Wasn't a huge problem, for me car wash dubai is best, at the end of the day; especially with the check I got. But I've since written off auto car washes since.
went through a drive-thru car wash with my 1994 325 today mostly just to get some bird **** washed off that had accumulated on my car while it was at work while I was out of town and part of it was some sort of 'super duper undercarriage wash'. When I popped out the other side my car had shut off -- it turned back on and I was able to drive a little but then it died and would not start again. I left it in the parking lot for 2 and a half hours, and went back a few minutes ago to see if it would start. It started, and stayed on for about 2 minutes or so while I drove it around the lot. Then it died again. It would start back up just about everytime, and the tach would rev up to about 3000 rpms (my foot not on the peddle), and then instantly die back down to 0 and shut off. does anyone have any idea wtf is the problem? its a 94 325 5-speed if that helps any

Users who are viewing this thread