Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't find the trailer TPMS

craiglud

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any new news here? My dealer has no new news.

1FastHemi

Reaction score

Check this post out: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-new-ram-3500-arrived-damaged.1445/page-2#post-15314 He said it is available now ?

This is what I was told I could get from another dealer as well while getting Bids on a replacement vehicle. See Image Below

Ignore the price below, I was quoted by another dealer with 3 additional options added to list for less than 76k, and they would throw in 2 year Synthetic Oil changes and filter along with 2 extra KeyFobs programmed (total of 4)

TTPMS.png

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi,

I've been trying to get signed up on HDRAMS for two weeks now to be able to participate in this thread.

As seen in the prior post, XG9 is available for order. My dealer told me it came up on dealer connect 2-5-20.

Unfortunately for me, this was too late for my order placed 1-15-20, D1 1-17-20, and without any dealer provided updates, Final Inspection on 2-12-20.

Still don't have an answer if it will be dealer installed but not holding out much hope.

However, I think RA/FCA will have a lot of pissed off 2019/2020 truck buyers if it isn't available.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Check this post out: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-new-ram-3500-arrived-damaged.1445/page-2#post-15314 He said it is available now ?

This is what I was told I could get from another dealer as well while getting Bids on a replacement vehicle. See Image Below

Ignore the price below, I was quoted by another dealer with 3 additional options added to list for less than 76k, and they would throw in 2 year Synthetic Oil changes and filter along with 2 extra KeyFobs programmed (total of 4)

View attachment 2816

A final price should be right around invoice less the full holdback. Another $500 off if you can get it plus any rebates or incentives. Unlikely you'll do better than that on an order. Do the key fobs cost $250 each?

Electrified

Reaction score
I believe we should be able to get the TTPMS added after the fact. To my knowledge the harness is there, but the module isn't, if you ordered it before Feb 5th. We theoretical could order the module and plug it in, but then would have to reconfigure the BCM and possible the Infotainment system. This would be the limiting factor if its possible to reconfigure or re-flash a vehicle that doesn't have it. The harness and module are in the rear bumper to the left of the licence plate.

I have asked the question internally at Chrysler(FCA) to see if there will be a dealer procedure for adding it. I will let everyone know once i get feedback.

(I work at FCA, but not in this area. I have also ordered a 2020 2500 HD before the TTPMS was being built with)

thestuarts

Reaction score
Website shows trailer tpms.

The web site has shown that picture since the 2020's became orderable even thoughthe TTPMS was not actually available.

The web site also showed the same picture when I ordered my 2019, but later they changed the picture to say "late availability."

Phil T

Reaction score
It only shows that picture on the 2500. Nothing on the 3500. Vaporware.

mlink

Reaction score
The web site has shown that picture since the 2020's became orderable even thoughthe TTPMS was not actually available.

The web site also showed the same picture when I ordered my 2019, but later they changed the picture to say "late availability."

So true... Besides, even now that XFQ and XG9 are available to order, the same RAM Web Build site that advertised TTPMS for 2019 and now 2020 makes no mention of either of them on the configurator. Guess you have to belong to the "secret society" to know what's available to order. There are other selection errors on this site (beside the lack of explanation on items you've selected) so be careful.

Last edited:

Racerx21

Reaction score
This is a response I got from my local dealer:
==============================
Hi *****,

How are you? I see that you are looking for the sales code on the trailer tire pressure monitoring.

XG9​
Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring Sys

This is what I pulled off the order sheet. Listing at $345.00. We have a few trucks with this very option. Do you have a color or other options to consider? Feel free to fill me in.

Thanks!

Smokin Joe Wynsen
Internet Manager at Hoblit Dodge
530-419-5383 Office Cell 530-219-2084
Optional 530-441-0165 Text Or Call

mlink

Reaction score
Even though XG9 has only been orderable since 02/10, I checked the stickers on all his 2020 2500 & 3500's and not one had TTPMS (XG9) on the sticker.

It's possible that "Smokin Joe" was actually smokin something. Ha Ha.

Maybe ask him to give you a VIN with Trailer TPMS (XG9) on the sticker so we can see it...

Last edited:

Racerx21

Reaction score
It appears on my quote, should be good to go.
===============================

Truck quote.jpg

Attachments

• Truck quote.jpg
    Truck quote.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 18

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I added mine to my build about 2 wks ago. Had to convince the dealer it was available to order after talking to an fca engineer. It's 345 msrp an 309 dealer price on rt side of ticket. Then you'll have to buy the valve stem kit for your trailer. Four valve stem sensors for 170. They planned the ordering so they would come out on the march 1st models.

babbott83

Reaction score
Any new news on adding this after the fact? I picked up my new Ram 3500 Limited in November.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I believe we should be able to get the TTPMS added after the fact. To my knowledge the harness is there, but the module isn't, if you ordered it before Feb 5th.

I have asked the question internally at Chrysler(FCA) to see if there will be a dealer procedure for adding it. I will let everyone know once i get feedback.

(I work at FCA, but not in this area. I have also ordered a 2020 2500 HD before the TTPMS was being built with)
Where did you get the Feb 5th date for orders? Mine was ordered on 2/17 so I hope you're right. I had no idea you could order the TTPMS system because it's not an option I could find on the 2020 RAM build site.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
I added mine to my build about 2 wks ago. Had to convince the dealer it was available to order after talking to an fca engineer. It's 345 msrp an 309 dealer price on rt side of ticket. Then you'll have to buy the valve stem kit for your trailer. Four valve stem sensors for 170. They planned the ordering so they would come out on the march 1st models.
You ordered this option AFTER submitting your initial order? If so, how did you convince the dealership to add it? My dealership was expressly clear when I placed my order there can be no changes after the fact.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I had mine on the original build sheet. There was no after the fact add ons as my dealer also stated there could not be any after the fact additions or corrections

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Where did you get the Feb 5th date for orders? Mine was ordered on 2/17 so I hope you're right. I had no idea you could order the TTPMS system because it's not an option I could find on the 2020 RAM build site.

It wasn't on the build and price site, neither was the trailer camera wiring.

They were available on Dealer Connect, I missed the TTPMS option that wasn't available for order until 2/5/20. That date came from my dealer and several other sources/forum members.

That's why it's important to sit down with the dealer and put eyes on the order codes and options available in Dealer Connect. They can see things that may not be on the build and price. Delete options from packages, etc.

The dealer can make order changes up until your vehicle is D1 scheduled. That usually happens within a day or two of them placing the order, so there's not a big window for changes.

Last edited:

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with brutal, 100% correct. My build went d1 status 2 days after build submission. The possibilities are endless an are by no means at all represented on the build site, very unfortunate

@JC

Reaction score
I had mine on the original build sheet. There was no after the fact add ons as my dealer also stated there could not be any after the fact additions or corrections
It's pretty easy for the dealer to change an order up until it actually gets gated. They may have to contact their regional rep directly but it's doable. Your sales manager might just not want to reprice it.

Users who are viewing this thread