Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone help me out? Adding oem remote start and tailgate release to 2022 3500 tradesmen 6.7

stinson87

Reaction score
just a note... if you can solder, it can be added without dealer key programming. Just install the buttons on your remote. if you cant solder, or cant solder well... you have to get it programmed.

Gunnyguy64

Reaction score
Curious what exactly releases the tailgate handle to allow the gate to drop and is it already installed in the truck?

stinson87

Reaction score
Curious what exactly releases the tailgate handle to allow the gate to drop and is it already installed in the truck?
Yes, everything is already in the truck. And it is enabled through the code. All you need is the button in the actual remote. And I would suggest installing the gas strut to slow down the fall of the tailgate

Gunnyguy64

Reaction score
I will definitely be looking into doing this .I do have spare key fobs I can practice on and maybe transplant a micro push button.

bryanWeaver

Reaction score
Hello and hoping for some insight. 2021 RAM 2500 basic Bighorn 6.7
I got one of the fobs from Car and Truck Remotes. they assured me the fob was NEW OEM. But,
I took the truck and fob to the dealer and told them to 1.) add sales code XBM and 2.) program the C&T Remote fob.
They said something was wrong with the RF hub, and would need to reflash it. So, a month later, I took it in and
they got the RF hub communicating with the ECU (BCM?) but could not get the fob to program
I took the truck to a locksmith who has the software and they could not program the C&T remote, but could program a plain jane (lock/unlock/panic) fob.
I paid them for their time and left. NOW, after thinking about this, I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there any way to confirm that the dealer did actually install the XBM sales code? I read there is a sequence, like a)installing the Sales code, b)uploading this to Chrysler, then c) reflashing the RF hub.
2. I assumed that any FCC ID fob would program at least the lock/unlock and push button even if the sales code was not present. Is this not the case? Must all fob features be present for the fob to program?
3. Is it possible that the C&T remote is not defective, but the dealer did not actually install the XBM/JKR sales codes (remote/tailgage) correctly?

Before I send back the C&T remote (now backordered) I would like to know if the truck codes have been added to the VIN etc. Is the only way to confirm this is to have the dealer plug in and confirm?
BTW I have AlfaOBD but had not tried to attach and poke around yet. I was hoping the dealer could permanently link the XBM to the VIN.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hello and hoping for some insight. 2021 RAM 2500 basic Bighorn 6.7
I got one of the fobs from Car and Truck Remotes. they assured me the fob was NEW OEM. But,
I took the truck and fob to the dealer and told them to 1.) add sales code XBM and 2.) program the C&T Remote fob.
They said something was wrong with the RF hub, and would need to reflash it. So, a month later, I took it in and
they got the RF hub communicating with the ECU (BCM?) but could not get the fob to program
I took the truck to a locksmith who has the software and they could not program the C&T remote, but could program a plain jane (lock/unlock/panic) fob.
I paid them for their time and left. NOW, after thinking about this, I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there any way to confirm that the dealer did actually install the XBM sales code? I read there is a sequence, like a)installing the Sales code, b)uploading this to Chrysler, then c) reflashing the RF hub.
2. I assumed that any FCC ID fob would program at least the lock/unlock and push button even if the sales code was not present. Is this not the case? Must all fob features be present for the fob to program?
3. Is it possible that the C&T remote is not defective, but the dealer did not actually install the XBM/JKR sales codes (remote/tailgage) correctly?

Before I send back the C&T remote (now backordered) I would like to know if the truck codes have been added to the VIN etc. Is the only way to confirm this is to have the dealer plug in and confirm?
BTW I have AlfaOBD but had not tried to attach and poke around yet. I was hoping the dealer could permanently link the XBM to the VIN.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
Adding the sales code has nothing to do with the ability to program a fob. One can be done without the other. No matter how many people say they have had success with the used “brand new oem” fobs from locksmith companies such as C&T, I wouldn’t recommend buying one. Now, you might be able to return it and get your money back for the remote itself, but what about whatever you paid a locksmith and dealer to try to program them.
You can verify if a sales code was successfully added on your Ram app. There’s a section under vehicle info for options, and it would list remote start as dealer installed option.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Multiple members, myself included, have had trouble getting C&T remotes programmed, They are NOT new OEM FOBs. If it doens't come in a MOPAR bag wiht a MOPAR part number on it, it's refurbished.

Send it back for a refund.

There was a TSB for RF hub firmware some time back but that's unrelated to the FOB problem.

heavyg603

Reaction score
Multiple members, myself included, have had trouble getting C&T remotes programmed, They are NOT new OEM FOBs. If it doens't come in a MOPAR bag wiht a MOPAR part number on it, it's refurbished.

Send it back for a refund.

There was a TSB for RF hub firmware some time back but that's unrelated to the FOB problem.

I wish I had sent mine back from those guys. Definitely a refurb. The dealer managed to get it programmed but what a pain. The battery life is very short and the range is pitiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You can always solder the 2 microswitches to the PCB board its how a few of us have done it it works great but you do need basic soldering skills

heavyg603

Reaction score
You can always solder the 2 microswitches to the PCB board its how a few of us have done it it works great but you do need basic soldering skills

I’ll have to look into that, if you had a link handy to the instructions on doing this that would be great. Does that improve the range etc ? Is that a defect?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’ll have to look into that, if you had a link handy to the instructions on doing this that would be great. Does that improve the range etc ? Is that a defect?

There is a link on the post jimmy posted on the 1st page its the second link… all it does is prevents the need for new fobs it does not change the range

heavyg603

Reaction score
There is a link on the post jimmy posted on the 1st page its the second link… all it does is prevents the need for new fobs it does not change the range

Got it thanks, I’ll check it out.

heavyg603

Reaction score
Also, some dealers will do it cheaper so call around. One down the street where I bought it wanted to charge me about $350. Turned out there was one a short drive away that did it for $49.

Last edited:

bryanWeaver

Reaction score
Adding the sales code has nothing to do with the ability to program a fob. One can be done without the other. No matter how many people say they have had success with the used “brand new oem” fobs from locksmith companies such as C&T, I wouldn’t recommend buying one. Now, you might be able to return it and get your money back for the remote itself, but what about whatever you paid a locksmith and dealer to try to program them.
You can verify if a sales code was successfully added on your Ram app. There’s a section under vehicle info for options, and it would list remote start as dealer installed option.
Jimmy07; Thanks for the info. You have confirmed (or refuted) my suspicions. I will return the fob and start over. Originally , this process seemed easy (was for others, but not me) so I will keep trying. Right now there is a backorder on fobs.

Users who are viewing this thread