Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Busted my rear driveshaft

Hibiki54

Reaction score
How many miles do you guys have on your trucks since you "removed" this part? I've not seen/heard/felt any ill effects from it not being on there either. However, if it is there to cancel out small vibrations, what effect will those small vibrations have on the other drive line parts after 30k-40k miles? I'm just wondering why they would go through the trouble of engineering and producing these if they really don't do anything at all. That said, if they don't replace mine under warranty I'm sure I'll just toss it as well. lol
Almost 6k in total mostly city and 1k of hard So Cal desert wheeling. My jobsites this year have been within 30 min street driving distance from home so no major highway traveling unless I'm going wheeling.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

HW285PW

Reaction score
As an update to this thread, the dealership is replacing my rear drive shaft tomorrow under warranty.
See if they will give you your old driveshaft as well, I will take it off your hands.

Users who are viewing this thread