Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boost Auto fold out tow mirrors

Demaggg

Reaction score
Hello to all, I was wondering if anyone besides my self got a 2019 and forward Ram HD with out fold out tow mirrors?
I have found a company that makes factory style tow mirrors available with most factory option Called Boost Auto. My Tradesman has the same crappy non tow , no signal light . no puddle or running light mirrors that my previous 1500 had. I have talked to the seller and was informed that as long as I only wanted the lights on the mirror to blink as turn signals, I did not need any additional wiring and only need an option code to be enabled by the dealer. In my experience the dealers suck near me and I have gone though great pains to avoid our local dealer even though I have purchased 5 trucks and jeeps from them. Over the years my level of trust in this dealer has gone into the crapper. Im hoping to find others that have done this upgrade either with factory or the above mentioned vender parts and how they made out with installation and getting the dealer to add the appropriate option code . All I care about is that the lights blink with the turn signals. I wouldn't care if they did nothing but I'm told by the dealer that I may not pass inspection if the lights in the mirror don't do anything. I live in the state of NY so nothing would surprise me. Thank you to all that take the time to read this and God Bless.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hello to all, I was wondering if anyone besides my self got a 2019 and forward Ram HD with out fold out tow mirrors?
I have found a company that makes factory style tow mirrors available with most factory option Called Boost Auto. My Tradesman has the same crappy non tow , no signal light . no puddle or running light mirrors that my previous 1500 had. I have talked to the seller and was informed that as long as I only wanted the lights on the mirror to blink as turn signals, I did not need any additional wiring and only need an option code to be enabled by the dealer. In my experience the dealers suck near me and I have gone though great pains to avoid our local dealer even though I have purchased 5 trucks and jeeps from them. Over the years my level of trust in this dealer has gone into the crapper. Im hoping to find others that have done this upgrade either with factory or the above mentioned vender parts and how they made out with installation and getting the dealer to add the appropriate option code . All I care about is that the lights blink with the turn signals. I wouldn't care if they did nothing but I'm told by the dealer that I may not pass inspection if the lights in the mirror don't do anything. I live in the state of NY so nothing would surprise me. Thank you to all that take the time to read this and God Bless.
You can activate them yourself (and any other factory features) with no dealer involvement.

You would use AlfaOBD (android app in google play store, or windows software, no iOS)
OBD interface vLinker MC:
Vgate vLinker MC Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner for Android & Windows https://a.co/d/aXQ480R
And a bypass cable (contact me if they are out of stock:

If you are an iPhone user, you can use Jscan in the App Store (also works on android).
But for iOS, you need OBD interface vLinker MC+ instead:
Vgate vLinker MC+ Bluetooth OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for iPhone iOS, Android & Windows https://a.co/d/6vzorQ5
And you still would need the bypass mentioned above.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
You can activate them yourself (and any other factory features) with no dealer involvement.

You would use AlfaOBD (android app in google play store, or windows software, no iOS)
OBD interface vLinker MC:
Vgate vLinker MC Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner for Android & Windows https://a.co/d/aXQ480R
And a bypass cable (contact me if they are out of stock:

If you are an iPhone user, you can use Jscan in the App Store (also works on android).
But for iOS, you need OBD interface vLinker MC+ instead:
Vgate vLinker MC+ Bluetooth OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for iPhone iOS, Android & Windows https://a.co/d/6vzorQ5
And you still would need the bypass mentioned above.

Thanks for the parts list... actually need this to get the TTPMS up and running on my 2019.

Users who are viewing this thread