Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best "VALUE" 2500 in US at this moment (Hemi)

Redfour5

Reaction score
looked up the one they lifted/added tires to...price increase over sticker is $55k for "accessories"

View attachment 43082
For about five K in "accessories." The dealer has an "inhouse" aftermarket company and I called and asked since I like the front bumper/winch set up...

Last edited:

Redfour5

Reaction score
It's called price gouging. Throw a number at the wall and see what sticks. ;)

As for the stock one, not a bad price. I'm not sure how much prices have gone up since last year. my'21 75th Power wagon was $70K MSRP. Not what i paid for it though. That one has a lot of add on's i don't have. But mine has creature comforts that one doesn't. So probably a wash.

I say buy it if the wife gave you the kitchen pass to do so and it fits your budget. Happy Wife, happy life.
"I'm not sure how much prices have gone up since last year."

For the one I ended up with (62,600/MSRP) I have done a build at the Ram site and it is now 69,700ish... Of interest, is that the dealer I got mine from had like 10 exactly optioned 2500's in different colors. Mine, for some reason had an MSRP lie 1800 lower than the other 9. The dealer put it up as a "special" since it was lower than the others... I got it. I asked him about it and he said he didn't know why. He said as a moderate size dealer they had a special deal from Ram that if they bought 10 units optioned the same they would get a priority on manufacturing and get them faster and before the BIG dealers. He said they pretty much had a constant communication from Stellantis of price increases and temporary holds on certain tech when chips were unavailable. I kept doing "builds" on the Ram site till around July and about every six weeks they were going up 1500 to 1700 bucks. I had to get one without the power folding tow mirrors standard on Laramies because of a chip shortage. It was a temporary package called Level C with the only difference betweeen it and Level A being the power mirrors/convex.

I ended up getting a Laramie with those bells and whistles you note but basically the same as the green one with the Snow Chief package, sport package and Off road package. I got it in Billet Silver in Idaho for 62,600 in March just as the gas prices were rising but the interests rates still low (3.24/84 months, I pay em off early but get better cash flow on personal budget). She is OK with the silver but not nearly as much as that green.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I love the color. If I could get it on a Limited Night Edition (chrome is bad) I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Redfour5

Reaction score
I love the color. If I could get it on a Limited Night Edition (chrome is bad) I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Chrome and lack of a few bells and whistles is what held me back on it along with 1400 miles away or so... I'd go for the green in a heartbeat...

@JC

Reaction score
How much of a discount off invoice are they giving you to take that off their hands?

PGHChris81

Reaction score
Hilarious. I got my Laramie Night Edition loaded for way less than that stock Big Horn. Glad I got in where I fit in!

Redfour5

Reaction score
How much of a discount off invoice are they giving you to take that off their hands?
You are a dreamer back then. Now? I'm seeing some below MSRP in some places...

Redfour5

Reaction score
Hilarious. I got my Laramie Night Edition loaded for way less than that stock Big Horn. Glad I got in where I fit in!
When was this? I've heard of some 2019's and early 2020's before the Covid impact set in where people got deals that are pretty much unheard of but not since...well, until here in the last month or so where I'm seeing some below MSRP.

jsalbre

Reaction score
When was this? I've heard of some 2019's and early 2020's before the Covid impact set in where people got deals that are pretty much unheard of but not since...well, until here in the last month or so where I'm seeing some below MSRP.
You can still get a new order for 4% below invoice every day. There are multiple dealers around the country offering this deal.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
A 2019 Laramie vs a 2022 Laramie will be almost $10k difference in the base price alone, so yeah, a 3yo Laramie should've been bought for less than the sticker price on this bighorn that has just about every option you can order one with in a hemi....

the past 18 months has made for some crazy times in the auto industry. price increases, that will set the stage for putting these out of the affordability range for your everyday truck owner ....that same build in a new 2022 today will be over $5k more...those that ordered at the beginning of the 2022MY cycle are seeing upwards of $7k MSRP difference in the exact same build today. Seven grand

1661439110196.png

1661439131234.png

Redfour5

Reaction score
You can still get a new order for 4% below invoice every day. There are multiple dealers around the country offering this deal.
That's good...if you can or are OK with waiting months and months to get it...then if you have any bells and whistles with key chips having to potentially agree to forgo one of your wants or even getting them without what you ordered. And even then you are probably talking about what MSRP was in December/Jan of this year at best. Or, like getting a Laramie without power folding/convex adjustment mirrors or blind spot monitoring if you want that... I'm now having to look at a company called "infotainment" to get power folding mirrors with blind spot monitoring... at 2700 bucks parts only. I'm thinking I'll just wait till someone knocks one off and maybe get a little help from insurance...

PGHChris81

Reaction score
This was about 3 days before they shut everything down in 2020,. They were so scared they were going to sit on inventory and it was a '19, they practically gave it away.

PGHChris81

Reaction score
A 2019 Laramie vs a 2022 Laramie will be almost $10k difference in the base price alone, so yeah, a 3yo Laramie should've been bought for less than the sticker price on this bighorn that has just about every option you can order one with in a hemi....

the past 18 months has made for some crazy times in the auto industry. price increases, that will set the stage for putting these out of the affordability range for your everyday truck owner ....that same build in a new 2022 today will be over $5k more...those that ordered at the beginning of the 2022MY cycle are seeing upwards of $7k MSRP difference in the exact same build today. Seven grand

View attachment 43165

View attachment 43166
WOW. That's crazy. Inflation is a B&^*

el_barto

Reaction score
This was about 3 days before they shut everything down in 2020,. They were so scared they were going to sit on inventory and it was a '19, they practically gave it away.
I remember looking at used rental cars in like May 2020…there were some crazy good deals on Jeep Wranglers with like 5k miles.

jebruns

Reaction score
That's good...if you can or are OK with waiting months and months to get it...then if you have any bells and whistles with key chips having to potentially agree to forgo one of your wants or even getting them without what you ordered. And even then you are probably talking about what MSRP was in December/Jan of this year at best. Or, like getting a Laramie without power folding/convex adjustment mirrors or blind spot monitoring if you want that... I'm now having to look at a company called "infotainment" to get power folding mirrors with blind spot monitoring... at 2700 bucks parts only. I'm thinking I'll just wait till someone knocks one off and maybe get a little help from insurance...
The part about long waits is true, at least for the HD trucks. But I've not heard of anyone having anything added or dropped from their order. Mine was just built, ordered on 3/30. Window sticker exactly matches my order, with all the electronic bells and whistles on a Limited Longhorn. $11k less than sticker when I ordered it, now $13K less than sticker with a recent base price increase. My price did not go up.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Score... You timed it perfectly and got one at about the lowest they have been in years and will never be again would be my bet.

Users who are viewing this thread