Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best "VALUE" 2500 in US at this moment (Hemi)

Redfour5

Reaction score
I looked at this as far back as March but ended up buying one closer to me in a Laramie with a similar feature set in Idaho. It is a pretty well set up for towing (Tech/tow Package) Big Horn This has been on their lot since like January and I believe was built in December 2021 or earlier. I'm thinking its the color that is what may be holding it back. I had to go to Indiana for something in June and so was willing to go for it, but they actually raised the price by about 2K as a "market adjustment" and I found the one I got in March for like 62K in Idaho (I live in MT). I'm one of the few that doesn't like the 12 inch screen. The dealer in LaPorte Indiana had three of these earlier now two not moving but took one of them and tricked it out with after market items and added 15K to the price. The color is National Forest Service green and unique which my wife absolutely loves and I'm OK with it since we have many beater versions (NFS auction trucks) color wise up here in Montana... But it is a color that not many would like. But in terms of feature set, it is a pretty nice Bighorn if you tow in the 7K range. Has like a 15K max tow and 3K payload. The Snow Chief package, Off Road package, and the two big alternators added on so would be good for plowing also.

This unit would be up toward or at 70K right now if you ordered it. But, it is National Forest Service green. I want someone to buy it so I don't have to look at it anymore wishing I had gone for it in June.

But, at this point in time, for the money, priced at MSRP from like Nov/Dec 2021 it is a steal if you are looking for a Hemi tow vehicle in a 2500.

https://www.laportechrysler.net/new/Ram/2022-Ram-2500-La-Porte-dd4c62880a0e09b02c75419e768ec1f4.htm

Window Sticker

Redfour5

Reaction score
Ouch.

Yeah... there is a reason it hasn't sold lol
I showed it to my wife in like February and she absolutely loved the color...knows I have relatives/friends back in Indiana. I mean ecstatic telling me I could go get it. She was NOT wanting to get a new truck earlier as we had a new one... So, let's say you are a guy and want/need a new truck (with this kind of feature set) and the wife doesn't and is adamant about that as we just got a 1500 in June 2021 but not up to the new trailer as a tow beast. She's like we are doing fine but then she doesn't drive it towing...

OK, then one day you stumble across and oddball one in her favorite color with the feature set you want and you show it to her and she says go get it and loves it. What do you do? It at least opened the door so I could get the one in the color I wanted (Billet Silver) later...

el_barto

Reaction score
I LOVE FS Green!

I’m actually shocked by that Build…normally I thought those colors were only available on Tradesman trim….this a BH and it is very well equipped imo(led lights, heated seats, center console, alpine sound, surround view cameras, etc) AND it’s hasn’t even been pre-thrashed by the FS

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
I showed it to my wife in like February and she absolutely loved the color...knows I have relatives/friends back in Indiana. I mean ecstatic telling me I could go get it. She was NOT wanting to get a new truck earlier as we had a new one... So, let's say you are a guy and want/need a new truck (with this kind of feature set) and the wife doesn't and is adamant about that as we just got a 1500 in June 2021 but not up to the new trailer as a tow beast. She's like we are doing fine but then she doesn't drive it towing...

OK, then one day you stumble across and oddball one in her favorite color with the feature set you want and you show it to her and she says go get it and loves it. What do you do? It at least opened the door so I could get the one in the color I wanted (Billet Silver) later...
Look - you snag that truck up ASAP.

You’re going to have a crowd who hates that color and you are going to create a half dozen stories about how you did this for your wife as a gift and so forth.

You’re going to have a crowd that loves that color and you’re going to have stories that give your wife all the credit.

And you’re going to have some on the fence and you’re going to have stories about how you and your wife are closer than ever since you bought your dream truck in her dream color.

In the large scheme of things - the color doesn’t matter - that’s a great deal on a great truck you’re going to love driving and your wife is going to love looking at.

Life is short. Make her happy, get the truck!

Thisnthat

Reaction score
looked up the one they lifted/added tires to...price increase over sticker is $55k for "accessories"

1661207158005.png

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Link? I cannot find it

stock

"fixed up"

el_barto

Reaction score
It’s beautiful.

I’ve legitimately thought before if I were to wrap my truck I’d do that color…now that I see it I love it even more.

el_barto

Reaction score
No that i agree with the price but it looks like an AEV built setup and they are expensive
Yeah it’s got the AEV lift, flares, and bumpers…though I don’t think it’s an official AEV build (no AEV badging)…still the full AEV XL build is only 20k-ish over original MSRP they claim 55k “accessories”

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
It's called price gouging. Throw a number at the wall and see what sticks. ;)

As for the stock one, not a bad price. I'm not sure how much prices have gone up since last year. my'21 75th Power wagon was $70K MSRP. Not what i paid for it though. That one has a lot of add on's i don't have. But mine has creature comforts that one doesn't. So probably a wash.

I say buy it if the wife gave you the kitchen pass to do so and it fits your budget. Happy Wife, happy life.

jenninr

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that the one with the $55k price gouge has a dent in the rear passenger door?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that the one with the $55k price gouge has a dent in the rear passenger door?
Had to go back and look at the pics. That's not a dent, its a gouge.

And look how the front bumper is mounted. needs to be raised several inches. Big gap there between it and the body.

Users who are viewing this thread