Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"beadlock ring" holes

Bcool1

Reaction score
Exactly… if you need a tire shop to change your tires on beadlocks you likely dont need the functionality of beadlocks lol
How would you go about balancing these without a good balancing machine?

Bcool1

Reaction score
I’m talking to a machine shop who makes these for the mopar wheels that come on the v8 Jeep Jl. He thinks his may work but need a diameter measurement for the ring Bolt holes. Does anybody have that? I’m out of town at the moment so can’t measure mine. If any one can get that, we may even be able to come up with some sort of group buy.
Or we could likely purchase one of the jeep's to check fitment. I may consider this once I have some extra power wagon funds.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
How would you go about balancing these without a good balancing machine?
Counteract beads. That’s what I use. Glassy smooth balancing.

Anybody who tells you balancing beads don’t work didn’t have enough weight in their tires (assuming they didn’t have a bad tire/wheel)

jetrinka

Reaction score
Counteract beads. That’s what I use. Glassy smooth balancing.

Anybody who tells you balancing beads don’t work didn’t have enough weight in their tires (assuming they didn’t have a bad tire/wheel)
Is there a typical amount of beads/tire size? I've thought about putting beads in my next set of tires cause the tire balancer sucks.....

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Is there a typical amount of beads/tire size? I've thought about putting beads in my next set of tires cause the tire balancer sucks.....
Counteract has a good chart to go by. I lean toward the heavy side because I chunk out tire lugs. 14 oz will do 37” MTs. I use the throw-in bags or you can funnel them into the valve stem. They give you a filtered valve core.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Don’t use airsoft or BBs etc They work but they make so much dang noise

Counteract beads are silent. They’re tiny ceramic beads like grains of sand. Im sure other companies make equivalent products.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I’m talking to a machine shop who makes these for the mopar wheels that come on the v8 Jeep Jl. He thinks his may work but need a diameter measurement for the ring Bolt holes. Does anybody have that? I’m out of town at the moment so can’t measure mine. If any one can get that, we may even be able to come up with some sort of group buy.
Where are you located? I have an extra ring I'm willing to donate for the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread