Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks Monster Ram Air intake

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I can't imagine how installing an intake horn without doing something with the intake plenum, or, at a minimum the grid heater, would net any gains.

Screenshot_20210924-094028_Gallery.jpg

jvbuttex

Reaction score
yes would be interesting to see some flow data on the intake plate with stock horn - HP, Big horn - HP and then Big Horn and HP delete plate. Personally i think there would be improvement, just not as much as if the HP was removed.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Watching any PD Diesel video is a waste of time too. Never gets to the point.

Too funny! Whenever one of his Youtube videos pop up my wife comments "This is the guy that takes forever to get to the point"

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Trusting a dyno from the same company that makes the intake? Seems totally objective.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Trusting a dyno from the same company that makes the intake? Seems totally objective.
Seeing as displaying false data is fraud I think is safe to say its true also Gale Banks has always been open and transparent with all the testing and data on products and revisions… they are one of the best at what they do for a reason

jvbuttex

Reaction score
if Gales was to just blow smoke to get sales, I doubt he would go through the trouble of buying competitors products for equal testing. If you watch some vids on his Testing facility in Azusa it's pretty impressive. You can't build that kind of enterprise with snake oil.

Money pit

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this Forum. I am hope to be able to turn my truck into a functional monster in all directions. I purchased my truck in July of 2020. I have a 2017 Laramie, with the 6.7 Cummins. I am fully deleted with GDP SOF and the 68RFe protect kit. I am wanting to add the Banks Monster Ram Air intake but I can't find any info if it will work without the Grid Heater delete. I live in Alaska so the heater is a necessity for me. Does anyone know if I order this intake manifold if it will work with the Grid heater or have any suggestions on what to use?
I installed the banks gen monster intake on my 2014 3500 big mistake my friend it does help fuel economy but the glow plug that is suppose to delete and replace the factory grid heater does not get hot enough I tried starting my truck at -9c it sounded like gen 1 12 valve it was brutal to start . I called banks as i live in northern Alberta so it gets to -30 c and colder and admit the system is lacking don’t do it stay with the factor grid heater

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I installed the banks gen monster intake on my 2014 3500 big mistake my friend it does help fuel economy but the glow plug that is suppose to delete and replace the factory grid heater does not get hot enough I tried starting my truck at -9c it sounded like gen 1 12 valve it was brutal to start . I called banks as i live in northern Alberta so it gets to -30 c and colder and admit the system is lacking don’t do it stay with the factor grid heater
Plug it in… we as Canadians have other challenges that grid heater setup is laughable at best i would leave the OEM burner in. You should be able to use the monster ram kit with the Stock grid heater if im not mistaken

Vanilla_gorilla

Reaction score
The point of the intake it is 50 state compliant and can go on with no tune getting more volume to the engine but the heater grid is a point of restriction. No point to install if not removing heater grid. I noticed a difference in low speed response with this installed. Deleted and tuned with it now and love the way the truck runs.

Users who are viewing this thread