Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balancemaster balancers anyone?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
When you go to get the tires rebalance, ask them to put in balance beads instead and try that. You might get a supprise.

pacu44

Reaction score
I can confirm the set of Centramatics I had were very loud. They did exactly as advertised and fixed a balance issue. The amount of noise they made wasn't unbearable or anything but it was loud enough you would have a difficult time detecting a issue with your truck ex (brakes, wheel bearing etc) They did take them back for a refund minus shipping cost.
I concur with noise. I had the front driver side wheel bearing make noise. Thought it was the wheel balancers. Only when I felt a bad vibration did I realize something was wrong. but I will say those wheel balancers work great, tires run cooler last longer and the ride is smooth as glass.

AZCG

Reaction score
Update: Got the BM balancers installed yesterday, and the vibration is worse than it was before. I did remove the weights on the wheels per the BM instructions.
For the time being, I will remove these and have the wheels and tires RE-balanced. I have also asked discount to order me another set of Methods, as thats the only damn thing that hasnt been replaced.

They will road force balance them tonight and said they will be able to tell if something is out of round...which I doubt because it hasnt worked the first 4 or so times. However, I cannot tolerate the shake until the new set comes in, so this is necessary for the time being.

I am close to throwing in the towel and running the stock old man looking setup :mad:
What was the solution to your vibration issues? I have the same issue with my Method wheels and looking at the BM balancers. Thanks!

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Bump. Any feedback on the balance masters? Thinking of giving them a shot.

CFE

Reaction score
I have always used Centramatic balancers on all my trucks. In fact, the set I have on my 2020 3500
came off of my 2006 Ford F350. They work as advertised and have great customer satisfaction service.
I have a neighbor who puts on a lot of rough miles into Baja every week and heavy cross-country trailer pulling twice a year. A few years ago he was having the same problem as you and the experts couldn't make it go away. I suggested he try Centramatics which he did and that cured his problem instantly.
Centramatics
Can these be used w/ spacers, up to 2"?

CFE

Reaction score
I don't know. A call to Centramatic would accurately answer your question
yea I might do that when i have the time. Asking because I might go with BFG KO2s for the DRW and given the amount of people who talk about balancing issues with those tires - the centramatics seems like a good cost effective way to counter those issues.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Just to put in my .02. My experience with centramatic wasn't great. I know a lot of people love then but I didn't. I tried a set on my 2020 due to a vibration in the rear the tire shop couldn't seem to balance out. I'm running 35" mud tires, the centramatic were so loud I could hear them with the windows up, ac on, over the hum of my mud tires. It drove me crazy in parking lots, at every stop light it. Then they go completely silent at 20mph. They also did not help with my vibration. I removed and returned them, also frustrating, centramatic said I could return for full refund, provided return label then held out shipping cost and restocking fee from my refund.. I was out about $60 for something I tried that didn't work for me. Oh well. Moved on.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
yea I might do that when i have the time. Asking because I might go with BFG KO2s for the DRW and given the amount of people who talk about balancing issues with those tires - the centramatics seems like a good cost effective way to counter those issues.
The best thing to do is skip the BFGs

CFE

Reaction score
The best thing to do is skip the BFGs
Tracking the common balance issues with the KO2s,. is that pretty much across the board for BFGs? Just saw they released the HD Terrains a few months ago and thought about going with those instead of the KO2s (due to the balancing issues). Thoughts?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Tracking the common balance issues with the KO2s,. is that pretty much across the board for BFGs? Just saw they released the HD Terrains a few months ago and thought about going with those instead of the KO2s (due to the balancing issues). Thoughts?
BFGs usually take a lot more weight than normal across the board they are not a bad tire but always hard on the lead supply when balancing them

Reactions: CFE

Users who are viewing this thread