Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B&W 5th Wheel Hitch Problem

mcspeed

Reaction score
Did you loosen the 8 bolts as explained in the post #13video? After watching your video and the other one it looks like the solution. Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The1adman

Reaction score
Did you loosen the 8 bolts as explained in the post #13video? After watching your video and the other one it looks like the solution. Just curious.

Yes I did, you have to align all 4 pucks. The issue isn't alignment its either one of the 4 truck mounted pucks it to low or high or the 5th wheel hitch base is not level on all 4 corners. There is no adjustment for that. This is why I am being sent a new hitch base. B&W provides shims on the Ford system to adjust for this but do not on the Ram. This is the 3rd one I have had and no issue with the previous 2.

mcspeed

Reaction score
Yes I did, you have to align all 4 pucks. The issue isn't alignment its either one of the 4 truck mounted pucks it to low or high or the 5th wheel hitch base is not level on all 4 corners. There is no adjustment for that. This is why I am being sent a new hitch base. B&W provides shims on the Ford system to adjust for this but do not on the Ram. This is the 3rd one I have had and no issue with the previous 2.

Thanks, keep us posted on how it goes. Nice that B & W stands behind their product.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
If this nhitch has worked on ntwo other RM trucks, I'd saw it's this truck bed/mounts that have an issue.

Have you tried putting a square or level on the truck bed to see if it is tweaked?

The1adman

Reaction score
If this nhitch has worked on ntwo other RM trucks, I'd saw it's this truck bed/mounts that have an issue.

Have you tried putting a square or level on the truck bed to see if it is tweaked?
Unfortunately its not the same hitch otherwise I could definitively say its the truck. This is a brand new hitch I picked up Saturday. I have used a caliper to measure from top of puck to bed and they are all the same. Not sure that the bed is a very good place to measure to though.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

The bed does not matter and it sits on the pucks only not on the bed at all

Users who are viewing this thread