Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Availability of lift kits

Zrojas

Reaction score
The adjustment to get the 18 adjustable bar in was so minor its almost laughable. Anyone that wants a kit the 18 kit works on the 19. They said I may have hard time with the control arm drop brackets (Bolts rubbing exhaust) but we flipped them around and they fit fine. Air tank did not need relocated, as they have moved it slightly, clears everything fine.
Truck is TIGHT, drives so well I cant believe ive never run carli suspention before. Only option for me because of factory air, and I didn't want to mess with blocks mys
elf to space them up. Happy I went with them

Which Carli kit did you end up getting?

Jackmayhoffer

Reaction score
Vancouver island, british columbia, canada
Which Carli kit did you end up getting?
I got the 3" Pintop 2.5. With factory air. I added a 1" block in rear on top of the leaf replacement to get a rake to the truck, I don't like perfectly level look.
It has the king 2.5s in kit.
I bought through CJC offroad. Very good service, they know there ****. They told me the 1 inch block would work with the kit. No more though. (Shock and airbag length)

Nordic28

Reaction score
Well the first big lift kit is out for the 2500s. Fabtech released several variations of a 5" kit. No more waiting!

gwalp

Reaction score
Well the first big lift kit is out for the 2500s. Fabtech released several variations of a 5" kit. No more waiting!

So tempting! Feels like I've been waiting forever. I had a 6" Fabtech on my last truck, and loved it for the most part. Only complaint I had is my turning radius SUCKED. The more research I've done, the more I keep reading that BDS has a much better turning radius than Fabtech, (something about the spindle Fabtech uses). As tired as I am of my kids asking me daily when I'm getting my new big tires, think I'm going to hold out a little longer to see what BDS comes out with. If anything maybe Fabtech's release will push BDS to speed up their timeline.... If anyone does get the Fabtech, please let the rest of us know your thoughts on it!

Nordic28

Reaction score
Update: mcgaughys now has a 3.5" kit. Lifts front and rear via spacers, uses radius arm drop brackets and track bar bracket.
So now we have Carli, Fabtech, and mcgaughys.
BTW Traxda says their 3.5" x 2" kit will fit a 2019 also in addition to the earlier model. Perhaps Traxda is correct as their kit doesn't come with a track bar bracket.

Tom MI

Reaction score
Still waiting on BDS to release the 6". That would be my preference in terms of price, quality, and performance.

Vorlac

Reaction score
Still waiting on BDS to release the 6". That would be my preference in terms of price, quality, and performance.
Same here... checking every day. Wish they would hurry it on. I hate the Firestones so much I am about ready to waste a set of 295 grapplers on the stock wheels just to tide me over..

Nordic28

Reaction score
Update: readylift now has a 3" , 4.5" and 6" kit for our trucks. I think for a 3500 it's only the 3" available. It appears the 4.5" is around $850.
So now we have a fabtech 5" and these readylift kits for larger lifts.

Nordic28

Reaction score
Another update: Rough Country is 2-3 weeks out from releasing their 5" kits.

maxsteel

Reaction score
I got the 3" Pintop 2.5. With factory air. I added a 1" block in rear on top of the leaf replacement to get a rake to the truck, I don't like perfectly level look.
It has the king 2.5s in kit.
I bought through CJC offroad. Very good service, they know there ****. They told me the 1 inch block would work with the kit. No more though. (Shock and airbag length)

Curious, how did you get the pintop kit so early? The 2019 isn't out yet. Did you use the 2018 kit?

Also, mind sharing which block you used? Your truck looks great!

Last edited:

varnell999

Reaction score
Emailed Thuren and they emailed back saying their 2018 kit fits the 2019 Ram 2500. I only inquired about the 2500 Cummings.

varnell999

Reaction score
The adjustment to get the 18 adjustable bar in was so minor its almost laughable. Anyone that wants a kit the 18 kit works on the 19. They said I may have hard time with the control arm drop brackets (Bolts rubbing exhaust) but we flipped them around and they fit fine. Air tank did not need relocated, as they have moved it slightly, clears everything fine.
Truck is TIGHT, drives so well I cant believe ive never run carli suspention before. Only option for me because of factory air, and I didn't want to mess with blocks myself to space them up. Happy I went with them
What exactly did you adjust on the track bar? Was it just the length?

Distillusion

Reaction score
Emailed Thuren and they emailed back saying their 2018 kit fits the 2019 Ram 2500. I only inquired about the 2500 Cummings.
[/QUOTE}
I believe the Hemi leaves more clearance than the Cummins around the front end. I would guess that it's probably fine.

U

User_905

Marshfly

Reaction score

The Thuren coils and shocks fit perfectly. I installed a set yesterday. I need to call them to see about their track bar. Rides crazy smooth.

LaneC

Reaction score
I've got some experience with the BDS kits on the 19's they seem to handle very well. Personally I'm not a fan of going higher than 2-3" and Id prefer a MOPAR product but the BDS kit with Fox Shocks wasn't a bad ride.

Camslameron

Reaction score
Just talked to all out off-road in spring TX and they said the BDS offerings should be available mid January or thereabouts. Anyone else able to confirm or deny?

Users who are viewing this thread