Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AUX Tank Installation Prices

HopFanatik

Reaction score
I've been looking around for AUX tanks & installation quotes.

Tanks ranging from RDS gravity combos to TItan Trekker 50s installed on my 2020 3500 CC SB. The install quotes I'm getting back from some places range from $600 to $800 before taxes, hazardous material fees, etc. Does this seem high to anyone else?

Anyone in the PNW got a shop they'd recommend?

Cheers,
Andrew

OuachitaAdventure

Reaction score
Those prices are ridiculous. I don't have one myself, but several friends have had local shops here do them between 200-250. Doesn't help you in the PNW, but just a reference.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thats not bad actually considering that would
be a tank the filler neck float valve and labour....

there is no chance your even buying a tank for 250

Rappr

Reaction score

Tanks ranging from RDS gravity combos to TItan Trekker 50s installed on my 2020 3500 CC SB. The install quotes I'm getting back from some places range from $600 to $800 before taxes, hazardous material fees, etc. Does this seem high to anyone else?

Cheers,
Andrew
I installed my RDS 91 gallon gravity feed aux tank in about 2 hours. Measure twice and cut/drill once and you’ll have zero issues.
Now that I have done one, I could probably do it in an hour

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I installed my RDS 91 gallon gravity feed aux tank in about 2 hours. Measure twice and cut/drill once and you’ll have zero issues.
Now that I have done one, I could probably do it in an hour
Mind snapping a picture where you put the valve in the filler neck

Rappr

Reaction score
Mind snapping a picture where you put the valve in the filler neck
You won’t get much out of the photo. I took the hose clamp off of the fuel pipe and vent. Remove the screws that hold the fuel/DEF filler port in place. Do NOT disconnect any of the DEF lines. Maneuver the fuel pipe out of the rubber boot by the fuel tank. Using the RDS valve as a template, cut off the metal filler pipe. I used a hacksaw. Make absolutely sure you clean out any metal shavings! Insert one end of the valve into the rubber boot going to the fuel tank and use one of the kit provided boots to tie the other end of the valve into the pipe you cut off. Reinstall everything and hook up the hose coming from your RDS fuel tank into the valve.

Nick

Reaction score

Cheers,
Andrew

Nick

Reaction score
That seems high I had quotes of 4 to 450 on a Titan 50 . That hazmat is BS . My son installed it for free . There is a good Titan Video on self install . I put the pump and filter in the bed near the tank . crawling under the frame to change or fix was something I did't want to do . Tita has a list of installers which covers most areas . Check it out .

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You won’t get much out of the photo. I took the hose clamp off of the fuel pipe and vent. Remove the screws that hold the fuel/DEF filler port in place. Do NOT disconnect any of the DEF lines. Maneuver the fuel pipe out of the rubber boot by the fuel tank. Using the RDS valve as a template, cut off the metal filler pipe. I used a hacksaw. Make absolutely sure you clean out any metal shavings! Insert one end of the valve into the rubber boot going to the fuel tank and use one of the kit provided boots to tie the other end of the valve into the pipe you cut off. Reinstall everything and hook up the hose coming from your RDS fuel tank into the valve.

thats what i was planning to do so i guess i will continue as planned thanks

Jacob

Reaction score
If you have a dually you probably have a lot of room to work in there. Mine was a single wheel. It only takes a few seconds to disconnect the def lines and pull the whole thing out.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If you have a dually you probably have a lot of room to work in there. Mine was a single wheel. It only takes a few seconds to disconnect the def lines and pull the whole thing out.
Good to know i am only a 2500 next time i have a chance to put it on the hoist ill have to do it

Untillater

Reaction score
why cut the metal filler neck pipe when you can just cut the rubber hose near the tank?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
why cut the metal filler neck pipe when you can just cut the rubber hose near the tank?
The valve needs to be as close to 90* as possible on the horizontal plane to function effectively

Untillater

Reaction score
Thats interesting, the same roll over valve on my rds tank is mounted flat on the top. IE horizontal plane.

I went with cutting the rubber hose, will see if it has any leaks / issues. So far so good though.

Users who are viewing this thread