Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux Switches

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Here's left dash wiring harness part numbers. I searched using my VIN but it looks like bunch of harness variations for 2500s are listed. It doesn't look like you can buy them.
That’s why you must use a VIN of a truck that already has AUX switches AND the same options as your truck. Use THAT VIN, not yours, to call a dealership parts department, and they will tell you what part number left dash harness you would need, and current available part number that supersedes the discontinued one.

JesseLackman

Reaction score
Here's PN 68398184, it came today;

Attachments

• IMAG3020.jpg
    IMAG3020.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 1,288
  • Screenshot 2020-12-21 090622.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-21 090622.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 179

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Here's PN 68398184, it came today;

No box :(

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Like I mentioned a few posts up, that part number is the bag of accessory wiring that is shipped with a truck equipped with aux switches. It’s the blunt cut wires that you hook up to your accessories, and insert into the Aux output connectors on the aux PDC.

DataPak420

Reaction score
Like I mentioned a few posts up, that part number is the bag of accessory wiring that is shipped with a truck equipped with aux switches. It’s the blunt cut wires that you hook up to your accessories, and insert into the Aux output connectors on the aux PDC.
I'm new to this thread and forum so I apologize since I'm sure I'm repeating what's already in the 200+ posts(only had my PW less than 2 weeks) so I need the switches, this bag for hooking things up. And then search for a truck with the same options but with aux switches so that I can get that left front harness? And the PDC box is part of that harness?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I'm new to this thread and forum so I apologize since I'm sure I'm repeating what's already in the 200+ posts(only had my PW less than 2 weeks) so I need the switches, this bag for hooking things up. And then search for a truck with the same options but with aux switches so that I can get that left front harness? And the PDC box is part of that harness?

In a nutshell yes. I hope you guys understand what you’re getting into by trying to add the left dash harness that contains the aux PDC. It runs about $600, and to R&R, you have to unplug and remove a lot of stuff in the engine bay. That harness also has a boot on it that goes through the firewall with connectors that plug into the BCM. Getting to the connectors on the BCM is another chore in and of itself. Then you still need the upper and lower covers for the aux PDC (separate parts).
You REALLY might want to consider just building an aux PDC using one off Amazon.

DataPak420

Reaction score
In a nutshell yes. I hope you guys understand what you’re getting into by trying to add the left dash harness that contains the aux PDC. It runs about $600, and to R&R, you have to unplug and remove a lot of stuff in the engine bay. That harness also has a boot on it that goes through the firewall with connectors that plug into the BCM. Getting to the connectors on the BCM is another chore in and of itself. Then you still need the upper and lower covers for the aux PDC (separate parts).
You REALLY might want to consider just building an aux PDC using one off Amazon.
Yup I think that's the route to take lol. As I looked through these posts I must have missed anything about that being mentioned.(the firewall boot and such) the Amazon aux box seems like the way to go. Now to just order my switch and try to figure out how to wire it lol

JesseLackman

Reaction score
That’s why you must use a VIN of a truck that already has AUX switches AND the same options as your truck. Use THAT VIN, not yours, to call a dealership parts department, and they will tell you what part number left dash harness you would need, and current available part number that supersedes the discontinued one.
I wonder why aux stitches weren't an option on a Power Wagon. Weird. Looking at the wiring harness descriptions it seems like finding the right harness would be a pain in the butt.

Akbison

Reaction score
In the same boat as most folks here. Have the factory auxillary switches ordered but am hoping for a write up/vid from swede or someone else on how to power them up via an aftermarket auxillary pdc.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thats a good point i have the oem ones but of anyone wants aux switches and not ripping apart the truck to do it the sPOD is a great option that has similar switch operations and options as oem

time2kyl

Reaction score
Anyone find a place with 68376640AE in stock? Everyone I try is backordered and no ETA

time2kyl

Reaction score
I did and everything works. It did take some help from Alfaobd to get everything working. To recap I created a plug and play harness that connects right behind the switch panel. I then used an aftermarket fuse/relay panel. I will post the connector part numbers I used, I also have a few extra as I had to order ten each of them.

Once I'm able to actually buy the switches (on backorder everywhere) I plan to do this. So if I read correctly, you added wires to the connector that goes into the switches and went directly to your new relay box? I bought a box off Amazon, just figuring out the best way to get it wired to the switches.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Has anybody looked at using the Rough Country MLC-6 relay distribution box with the aux switches. Might be a clean way to go if you can integrate it with the Ram switches. Priced at $200. It comes with switches if you don't mind the look of them.

Mike67

Reaction score
Anyone have a good idea where to mount an aftermarket relay/fuse box? About 5" long and 3" tall. Looked around the battery and there is a spot, but it would impede the battery when removing. It's an Auxbeam 6 gang switch with the box, any ideas would be appreciated. Pics as well if you've done this. Truck is a 6.4 gasser. Thanks.

grum

Reaction score
Anyone have a good idea where to mount an aftermarket relay/fuse box? About 5" long and 3" tall. Looked around the battery and there is a spot, but it would impede the battery when removing. It's an Auxbeam 6 gang switch with the box, any ideas would be appreciated. Pics as well if you've done this. Truck is a 6.4 gasser. Thanks.
here is where i installed mine, you have to remove this bar to replace the battery but all the wires come in from the firewall end so that you can just swing it around and lay it on the cowling.

Attachments

• 20200831_213452.jpg
    20200831_213452.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 20200831_213505.jpg
    20200831_213505.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 123

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
here is where i installed mine, you have to remove this bar to replace the battery but all the wires come in from the firewall end so that you can just swing it around and lay it on the cowling.

I've been planning a similar setup. I figure it gives plenty of room. Keeps things close for firewall, battery(gasser), and existing fuse tap expansion right there.

Can't quite tell what you mounted too, I'm looking at using an L bracket off the one fender mount and maybe coming up off the existing nuts off the battery tray that I assume are used for the factory aux box.

Good work. That is super clean.

Mike67

Reaction score
Nice! Thank you for the info. it definately gives me an idea where to mount. Thanks again.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Can you open the pdc cover for the aux switches where you have it?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Here is where i put my relay harness box for my plow lights that i made its now velcrowd to the top of the fuse box so i can just unclip the connectors pull the velcrow off and its out of the way in 30 seconds 397A6DA0-0CE0-4B4E-9A5A-1EC31B0F96E9.jpeg

Mike67

Reaction score
All, really appreciate the help with the Aux box. Finally got it done today. Fabricated some aluminum angle bar to go between the battery and the firewall. Removed one of the pop-out plastic rivets and replaced with a bolt the attach the angle bar. Had to notch the angle car to fit around the angle.
Attached the switches to the left of the steering column. Was going to route it to the overhead cab panel, but didn't want a hole in the roof liner. Other spot I looked at was the lower left dash, but too out of the way. Not the best spot for it as I am concerned about UV degradation on the buttons. Placed the black stickers on the bottom 3 for now. Just waiting for the switchback bulbs for the fog lights. Need a hidden grill light bar now, don't really want to spend a grand on the Baja Designs, wife wouldn't be too happy seeing the bill on that one. Third may be for some rear lights or ditch lights, who knows, maybe get both.
Again, thanks for all the pics and ideas. Was inspirational and gave me the idea of how and where to mount the aux box.

Attachments

• Ram Aux Box 1.JPG
    Ram Aux Box 1.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Ram Aux Box 2.JPG
    Ram Aux Box 2.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 116
  • Ram Aux Switch 1.JPG
    Ram Aux Switch 1.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 115
  • Ram Aux Switch 2.JPG
    Ram Aux Switch 2.JPG