Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux Switches

gkostera

Reaction score
I think I have tracked down the part number for the switch panel I would need. I need to have the tow/haul, traction control, front park sensor and rear park sensor. Just like the image below. Have you tracked down the required terminals and relays?
View attachment 2291
Can you tell me the part number for the switch here

trdt44

Reaction score
did you get everything wired up?
I did and everything works. It did take some help from Alfaobd to get everything working. To recap I created a plug and play harness that connects right behind the switch panel. I then used an aftermarket fuse/relay panel. I will post the connector part numbers I used, I also have a few extra as I had to order ten each of them.

BigSwede

Reaction score
I did and everything works. It did take some help from Alfaobd to get everything working. To recap I created a plug and play harness that connects right behind the switch panel. I then used an aftermarket fuse/relay panel. I will post the connector part numbers I used, I also have a few extra as I had to order ten each of them.

what year is your Ram?

TxMoores

Reaction score
Thanks for your post and looking forward to that information. This would work nicely on my 2019 Power Wagon for my auxiliary lights!!

trdt44

Reaction score
This is what I used and may work for others. Female connector is 1456989-3, female receptacle is 1393366-1, male connector is 6-1419167-1, male pin is 1438299-4. All parts are TE Connectivity.

el_barto

Reaction score
This thread seriously interests me, it’s a real bummer you can’t get the switches from the factory on the Power Wagon! I’d love to use these rather than some dorky aftermarket switches in my PW for lights, compressor, etc.
@trdt44 so you’re using an aftermarket fuse panel (like blue sea or similar) wired to theses oem switches... do they recall last switch position after turning the truck off or do they reset to “off” after turning the truck off? Can you set them to momentary? Can you provide any further insight to how to wire this up?

Nifty07

Reaction score
I see the tow/haul is swapped with the exhaust brake in mine. Is it possible to swap the switch plates over? Have ordered the switch and will need to wire this to my own relays. I saw a pinout of a large connector and it was labelled Aux 1 to Aux 6 but don't have a copy. I did find the below for Aux 2 to Aux 5 and PTO.

This was labelled 2019 Upfitter Schematic for 3500 and may not help with the 2500.

Connector X/Y 125A
Aux 1 - pin 37, P820 BN/OG
Aux 2 - pin 38, P821 BN/VT
Aux 3 - pin 34, P822 BN/WH
Aux 4 - pin 40, P823 BN/PY
Aux 5 - pin 36, P819 BG/BN
PTO - pin 41, P831 BN/YE

Would appreciate if the above is correct for the 2500.

Atty

Reaction score

Hi trdt44,
Could you please provide a diagram/pic or pinout from the back of the switch panel? I just got my Aux switch (68376644AE) and hoping since you've already wired the switch up that you know which pin does what? Is it that there are purely 6 more outputs that I can run to energise relays?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Atty

Reaction score
An update for me with installing Aux switches ..I own a 2500 2019 RAM Laramie. In the process of installing the Aux Switches. I have the switches installed and power (I believe) to the switches. By turning on the settings using AlfaOBD shown in my attached pics (first is the "Customer.Set.Menu 1 - Auxiliary Switches CSM" option selected was "Switch 3-6 option") I had the commercial menu become available on the instrument cluster (allows control of permanent power or ignition power etc for all six switches even though the option only says 3-6).

The second pic shows the setting that tells the BCM you have the switches plugged in and then allows them to be turned on and off (with the respective indicator light coming on on the front of the panel). What I can't find though is the output for the Aux switches. I've measured each of the wires and empty terminals on the back of the plug and don't get any change from the readings regardless of the switches being on or off.

Does anyone know if there is a spot/connector anywhere under the dash that provides those outputs for me to use to activate my relay?

Getting so bloody close to getting this sorted and don't want to rip apart anything else just yet..

Thanks in advance. If you have questions about AlfaOBD I am getting more familiar with it all the time, so maybe able to answer some basic questions..

Attachments

• Customer Selection setting to enable adjustment under commercial options on instrument dash cl...jpg
    Customer Selection setting to enable adjustment under commercial options on instrument dash cl...jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Six switches option provides power to enable switches to turn on.jpg
    Six switches option provides power to enable switches to turn on.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 159

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
An update for me with installing Aux switches ..I own a 2500 2019 RAM Laramie. In the process of installing the Aux Switches. I have the switches installed and power (I believe) to the switches. By turning on the settings using AlfaOBD shown in my attached pics (first is the "Customer.Set.Menu 1 - Auxiliary Switches CSM" option selected was "Switch 3-6 option") I had the commercial menu become available on the instrument cluster (allows control of permanent power or ignition power etc for all six switches even though the option only says 3-6).

The second pic shows the setting that tells the BCM you have the switches plugged in and then allows them to be turned on and off (with the respective indicator light coming on on the front of the panel). What I can't find though is the output for the Aux switches. I've measured each of the wires and empty terminals on the back of the plug and don't get any change from the readings regardless of the switches being on or off.

Does anyone know if there is a spot/connector anywhere under the dash that provides those outputs for me to use to activate my relay?

Getting so bloody close to getting this sorted and don't want to rip apart anything else just yet..

Thanks in advance. If you have questions about AlfaOBD I am getting more familiar with it all the time, so maybe able to answer some basic questions..
How are you trying to measure the wires that come from the switches? Those aren’t the actual power output wires. All those wires do is complete ground to energize the relay coil in the aux fuse box. So, let’s say all you have installed is the switch bank and the 1-6 switch wires, and you want to see if the number 1 aux switch wire works- you would set your meter to ohms (or continuity buzzer), activate switch 1, probe switch 1’s wire, and put the other probe to metal ground, and you should have continuity.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

Also, if the six aux switch wires are already populated on the connector that plugs into the switch bank, then their next stop is the xy125 connector at the driver side footwell-
4Nr0XNE.jpg
CTkRnoL.jpg
QtxNcof.jpg

Atty

Reaction score
How are you trying to measure the wires that come from the switches? Those aren’t the actual power output wires. All those wires do is complete ground to energize the relay coil in the aux fuse box. So, let’s say all you have installed is the switch bank and the 1-6 switch wires, and you want to see if the number 1 aux switch wire works- you would set your meter to ohms (or continuity buzzer), activate switch 1, probe switch 1’s wire, and put the other probe to metal ground, and you should have continuity.
Ah, silly me!! Of course they are negative switched. just went and checked and yes they are connected at the switch. Thank you Jimmy07 for your guidance and the images they will help immensely in finding the wires underneath the dash! Which will ultimately save me time and energy.

Canadian6.4BigHorn

Reaction score
Ah, silly me!! Of course they are negative switched. just went and checked and yes they are connected at the switch. Thank you Jimmy07 for your guidance and the images they will help immensely in finding the wires underneath the dash! Which will ultimately save me time and energy.
So the only oem part that can be ordered is the switch bank? I know when I looked into this for my 4th gen the whole kit could be ordered. I’m thinking If this can be done for less than $500 it’s a really clean and nice way to be able to have auxiliary things wired without ugly switches in the cab.

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
I'm all in. Like the factory setup and all but man a 6 shooter BT setup allows for hidden switches, phone app, no wires ran into the cab and for like 300$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Atty

Reaction score
I'm hoping to do it for way less than $500.. I have the switch and have relays on the way. Should hopefully have enough wiring and bits and pieces to do the rest.. Or could get a harness from Paulvi and save me some time and effort...

Canadian6.4BigHorn

Reaction score
I'm hoping to do it for way less than $500.. I have the switch and have relays on the way. Should hopefully have enough wiring and bits and pieces to do the rest.. Or could get a harness from Paulvi and save me some time and effort...
So the switch ad relay are 2 separate part numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread